Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Delandre stamps with map  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
55 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Message
Can anybody upload a picture of the Delandre stamp of Togo, please ?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
864 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why upload or download Delandre.......what is this stamp group and what interests you for TOGO ?
Welcome member of Slovakia !
Rene
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Renden
Quote:
Why upload or download Delandre.......what is this stamp group and what interests you for TOGO

Needing a picture for the article about maps on Delandre stamps. You can move it to Cinderellas, if there is such group.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
782 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi: Could not find Togo..Tough cookie
http://vignettesdelandre.free.fr/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3121 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valdpete ----French occupation of TOGOLAND is in pink and British Occupation is in green .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To reinforce perf12's reply, I regularly peruse eBay's Cinderella stamp listings and I don't recall ever having seen a Delandre Togo map label. I would remember this, because Togo was a German colony at the time of WWI.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3121 Posts
Posted 01/11/2018   9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   05:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, and what about any Delandre Togo occupation stamp ? Could perhaps look like this of Cameroun....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3121 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Cinderella but that's gets further away from collecting government issued stamps from everywhere . The problem with the idea of a stamp club with stamps from everywhere is everybody has their own idea of what is acceptable .
So your list is full of questionable names and if you include every island and rock around Ireland and the United Kingdom then your list is way over 1,000 places .
Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader - naturally, a complete list (including those rocks), is at least 50.000 items (including over 21.000 US precancels). That is why I have published the updated 780 ASFE stamp issung entities list, which is about 2000 items.

The original 780 stamp issung entities list is only 780 stamps and is perfectly workable.

As you can see, in neither of these 2 lists are Delandres.

By the way, on ASFE Slovakia site there is an article on Delandres
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3121 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok ,I understand thanks for clearing that up . I live in a state of confusion.

I will stick with working on my Worldwide collection and staying with my goal of having the most comprehensive collection every attempted . Places like Oil Rivers, Central Albania ,Long Island, the Black Flag Republic and the Italian Islands are places I have ,all those rocks and ship made philatelic items I will stay away from ,also pre-cancels have no interest with me .

Hope you success with your club .

Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
floortrader, yes, generally paper stamps can be divided into 3 basic grups - postage stamps, fiscal stamps and Cinderellas. I understand you collect both postage and fiscal stamps (revenues).

Your goal is great, I believe ASFE collectors could be of enormous help for your effort. They usually started as whole world collectors, but restricting to just one stamp per country they must have thousands of stamps to provide. At least I have. We will discuss it later, when you contact me direct with your havelists.

Just Cinderellas are interesting, too. I like most the Delandres, but I collect only the occupation issues. That is why I wanted the scan of Togo.

The other one I miss is German Solomon Islands, as you can see in my wantlist. I would be pleased to get it offered after I have the necessary 50 posts.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Delandre occupation labels are very nice nice, and I wish you good luck finding one from Togo.

Here is a Dahomey stamp used in the French occupation zone of Togo. The cancellation is German...ANECHO 6.5.16. The Germans left around the end of July 1914.

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
782 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only thing I came up with is this German vignette:

https://www.delcampe.net/fr/collect...=&max_price=¤cy=all&seller_localisation=&view=gallery&order=sale_start_datetime
and this:

Anecho cancel;similar cancel early usage then...They used German cancelers after
the conflict..?

http://herald-dick-magazine.blogspo...014-les.html
Edited by perf12 - 01/12/2018 1:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perf12, in my Stempelkatalog 14 Aufläge 1994 of the German Colonies Study Group (Germany) this cancel is type #8 used in Anecho, and it is identical to the one used by the Germans. It appears to have been used by the French for some time after the Germans left.

If you have a reference that shows it is something different, please share it with us.

Edited by bookbndrbob - 01/12/2018 1:36 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
782 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems too me that the 10 pfennig stamp over the dahomey stamp with
a 1916 cancel is bogus.In 1914 the overprint series Anglo-French occupation & Occcupation Franco Anglaise on German pfennig & Mark
stamps where used,and I don't know how a un-overprinted German stamp
would be used in that time period (1916)
The Society of Nations confirmed the seperation of Togoland on the
10 of July 1919(between British & French).Yet even so;1916 cancels
without overprints seem odd.Or was it that these stamps could be used
on their sole face value,less the overprint ?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!United States Postal Service, Now on eBay!
New Forum TopicsRecently Active Forum Topics
  When a typographical error doesn't really make any difference.
  Security Bank Note Co. Proof, can someone give me insight to this piece?
  Australian Historic Homesteads - Prepaid Envelopes 1988
  A new test stamp variety?
  Ebay Lot So Bad I Am Speechless
  50 years of jet travel
  What countries does Scott 2016 san-z cover?
  program to identify precancels
  US precancels with full state names
  Canadian Revenues Valuations
  Turkey in Asia Overprints
  'ungummed' 'unused' full sheet of 1990 stamps: why?
  Damaged Stamp Grading
  Canal Zone J27 plate block with full offset of plate number 123718 on reverse
  Help With 1895 Korea 6a Stamp
  MPO 603 - Debert Camp Censor handstamp
  Need Binder for Davo Pages
  Canada Post Distribution Problem????
  Czechoslovakia Scott 45a, Minkus 52, SG 27, Imperforate 1919-1920 Hradcany Prague
  Canal Zone 18b vs. 20
  Home Made Album Page Prototype - Thoughts / Suggestions?
  Rocky Mountain Stamp Show 2018
  Is this unusual ... ...?
  What's the face values for these stamps?

New, free online The Foreign Mail Cancellations Handbook
  Anthony's LLC Disminal PF Report Card = Follow Up to 10/23/17 Discussion
  I would love to buy this but..... the postage cost!
  Can Somebody Identify This Pair of 3c Stamps Please
  Paying 70% of Scott - ripped off?
  What countries does Scott 2016 san-z cover?
  The Stamps of Australia : On Steiner Pages.
  Scouts on Stamp Album
  When a typographical error doesn't really make any difference.
  Ebay Lot So Bad I Am Speechless
  Perhaps the most absurd eBay lot of all time
  Too many stamp auctions
  Security Bank Note Co. Proof, can someone give me insight to this piece?
  'ungummed' 'unused' full sheet of 1990 stamps: why?
  Help With 1895 Korea 6a Stamp
  Rare Positional 1937 2d Sesquicentennial Block of 20
  Australian Historic Homesteads - Prepaid Envelopes 1988
  A new test stamp variety?
  50 years of jet travel
  Seeking Postal Note feedback
  Australian Specimen Stamps
  Formosa (?) Help Please
  Bare Feet on Stamps ' , ' , ' , '
  Same stamp - different value
  program to identify precancels

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05