Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Malaya Penang $5 Elizabeth

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jono_91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm trying to find the cat value of this can't find it in my Stanley I believe it's 1957
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2021 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SG 54 / Scott 55. The Scott value is $27.50. It was issued in 1957. GB value was 22 in 2004.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Edited by angore - 01/12/2018 12:05 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 01/12/2018   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jono_91 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou for your help
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
571 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   01:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2018 SG has this at 29

Valued Member
Canada
339 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampworld - which I tend to use for countries I don't have catalogues for - prices it as $34.91 which is closer to the SG price. (I use "price" advisedly rather than "value") Can anyone offer an opinion on Stampworld prices generally, vis-a-vis other catalogues?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5887 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   09:13 am  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Itma, as I have previously mentioned, stampworld's prices are what you can buy them for through that website.

Peter
Valued Member
United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jono_91 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou for all the help say you wanted to sell yourself what percentage of the cat value do you usually price at? I have never sold stamps but may so I can get some more of what I actually collect
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5887 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   3:42 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you look this stamp up on eBay UK and see what it has been selling for you've got the answer,

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3511 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   4:29 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Woukd you be selling as a BIN? If so, my instinct would be around a tenner - maybe more if you're prepared to wait for a sale.
Learn More...
5712 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   4:54 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StampWorld and catalog are typically not near market values. I would estimate that across the board about 65% are higher than market value, 15% lower than market value and about 20% are around market value. Use StampWorld and other catalogs to understand the relative value of a stamp, not the actual market value. Understanding the market value requires 'special knowledge'; in other words it takes more experience and/or a deeper understanding.
Don
Valued Member
Canada
339 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add itma to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Don, that Stampworld info is good to know.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 01/15/2018   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jono_91 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou that's really helpful I will do some research
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05