Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need help identifying a Queen Victoria stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add icemarker1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I need help identifying a 1 queen Victoria stamp in a collection I got at a yardsale and would like to know if it has any value?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3513 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   6:29 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A good day's work! GB, January 1891. Catalogue value well into four figures if kosher, although this also has serious creasing. Could you carefully place in a protective cover and scan the front and back of the stamp, handling with stamp tweezers/tongs?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1409 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yardsale?

You are one lucky dude.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
571 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No mention of the Hawaii stamp? Looks like Scott #13 and worth more than the GB stamp.

I'm just a little suspicious....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5704 Posts
Posted 01/13/2018   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Turkey
480 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdroth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm just a little suspicious....

I'm alot suspicious!
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If it is a forgery, it sure is a good one. Perhaps icemarker is not familiar with the Hawaii stamp? I'd like to see what else is in that yard sale find - could be quite interesting.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add icemarker1234 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the info.I normally only collect U.S. stamps so I thought 8$ was good for the collection I guess I was right, here some more that were on the same page.

Pillar Of The Community
2012 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmmmm
United States
3 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add icemarker1234 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i got them from a guy who cleaned out his garage he said they were from his grandfather or uncle, he was just getting rid of them.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
571 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Great Britain 10/- QV and 10/- KGV I would say are genuine. The latter won't be worth a whole lot to a general collector because of the perfin but who knows if the perfin is rare?

The difference in catalogue and real world price for the former is usually enormous. It may be the scan but this stamp looks quite faded.

The France look OK - the 2F is the only one with any serious value, if it's Scott #126

The 1 GB QV stamp is known to have been forged but that's not to say this one is. The creases and what appears to be surface scuffing will reduce its value if genuine.

I have a note in a catalogue that says the 2 cent Hawaii in deep blue has not been seen in used condition and it's doubtful if it was issued.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
67 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bklynjava to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3167 Posts
Posted 01/14/2018   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Each stamp in question may need to go into a more specific category/forum.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/14/2018 11:16 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05