Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Going To Attempt To Post Some Pictures For Help With Value

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,545Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add thestampguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This forum gives me more problems with posting pictures, than any other that I belong to. I have problems with the Free Image Optimizer, I never had any problems posting with photobucket.

I FAILED AGAIN, I GIVE UP.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5754 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   3:36 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just open your picture in Microsoft Office, crop it and reduce it to the required size, then upload - you can then avoid any angst with Image Optimiser.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Stampguy I too had problems but managed to sort it.
Send the photos you want to post to your email but make sure you send it from your phone. As it's coming from a phone it should ask you what size (a choice of 3) you want to send it - that way you can always select under 200kb.
Then upload via the page here.
It works for me :)
Good luck.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32770 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I FAILED AGAIN, I GIVE UP.

If you want to try again,
let me know, here, and I'll take you through it, step by step.

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thestampguy1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all the replies, I think the phone issue, might be my problem. My phone started taking poor quality pictures, and I've neglected to take any since. I've been using my wife's IPad. I've used a coin forum for years, and never had problems back when photobucket was still around. I've posted a few since, but the resizing is my headache.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
753 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   6:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was similarly frustrated with posting pictures here. I now started using Flickr and it works great.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1979 Posts
Posted 01/21/2018   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use IrfanView for images, which has an option to set the file size to whatever you want. It's free to trial, safe, and widely available. Shareware payment is up to the user's discretion.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Edited by shermae - 01/21/2018 10:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3087 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I now started using Flickr and it works great.

There a lot of advantages using an external host ( I use one at times) but if you are using a free service you are at risk.
Al
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thestampguy1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
still working out the bugs
Edited by thestampguy1964 - 01/22/2018 09:47 am
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thestampguy1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
flickr works, but it post my entire album along with name, which I don't care to share.
Edited by thestampguy1964 - 01/22/2018 09:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7594 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The best thing is to learn to post pictures on this forum. One never knows what is going to happen to an external host - we do have examples of that right here on this forum.
Rod offered to help you - why not take him up on it,

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5754 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   10:37 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you've now removed the link, but, when you retry, probably worth neatly arranging the stamps on a stock-card and also pulling out the heavily damaged ones.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
753 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp uploaded on the site:

Stamp in Flickr:

In Flickr, you need to go to the individual picture and copy the "BBCode" and trim off everything outside of the "img" tags.
Edited by chris2015 - 01/22/2018 11:43 am
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your Flickr stamp uploaded here. What's the difference?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
753 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No difference, just trying to show the difference in uploading a picture on the site vs. using Flickr. And trying to clarify how to post an individual Flickr picture.
Edited by chris2015 - 01/22/2018 12:36 pm
Forum Dad
USA
1708 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem with Flicker is if you delete the images there, or your account, or Flickr starts charging like Photobucket did (which is likely), then all your posts become worthless.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,545Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05