Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ceylon Stamps :on Steiner Pages.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 6,351Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33639 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rod222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
wiki

Steiner Page 16.

Steiner Page 18.

Revenues.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Which two are you missing Rod? I'm just sorting through my Ceylon ones and I have quite a few duplicates of King George VI - bless him!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33639 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eiger,
the 2 Rupees Guard Stone in Carmine I think (Sc#288)
and the Sc#289A 10 Rupees ($40)
Both Key stamps in this series.

Yes, KG6 was a great lad, had history thrust upon him, and came through with flying colours.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know the SG equivalent number?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've found the SG one for the 2 R Guard Stone it's 396
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you'd like this one you're welcome to it Rod. It's SG396 Black and Carmine or possible black and violet, I'm not too good on subtle colour differences.
It's used though not mint.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Second thoughts I think it's black and violet SG396b
Edited by Eiger - 01/22/2018 5:02 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33639 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you know the SG equivalent number?

Arrrgh! Back to my nightmare .....Stanley Gibbons

So, I rescue my Stanley Gibbons from the doorstop, (you have to be careful, they are so heavy you can pull an arm out of socket)

I go to Ceylon......Nope, Gibbons fools you again, says, not in this doorstop, go to "Sri Lanka" so you Forklift that catalogue, and get the Sri Lanka Catalogue.

Nope........Stanley Gibbons hides the 10 Rupee Revenue (postage use)
wherever that lies is anyone's guess

Eiger, I have that 2 Rupee Violet, I am after the earlier 2 Rupee, (Dark Carmine and Black)

........Scott, give me my Scott Catalogue forever.............
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the 10r in the SG doorstop
I think

It's possibly SG430 which were 're issued in 1958-1962 with a much smaller Ceylon and inscriptions in Sinhalese'
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the 10r one? It's is SG 430

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/401478068972
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3103 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

The 10r stamp is the postal fiscal SG F1 (and is listed in SG Part 1 after the official stamps).
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5981 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:16 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod - there is no virtue in being a lackey of US imperialism. 10 rupees dull green and yellow-orange fiscal stamp, made available for postal use from 1 December 1952 to 14 March 1954. Listed in my old SG BC catalogue under "Postal Fiscal", just after the official stamps. Took me twenty seconds to find it. You're just too impatient.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33639 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for that link Eiger.
I'll pass, I don't pay catalogue prices for stamps.
I'll wait and try and pounce on a bargain.

The 10 Rupee is similar to this one, different colours, and "REVENUE" down each side of the frame.

It was used postally 1952-1954

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33639 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod - there is no virtue in being a lackey of US imperialism.

Have you noticed your arms have become longer Geoff? handling those enormous catalogues.
Let us know when your knuckles drag on the ground.

PS: Thanks for the ID, (Your good self and Nigel)
Edited by rod222 - 01/22/2018 5:24 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 01/22/2018   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't find that in my SG only the 5R
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 6,351Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05