Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Recommend Dealers Who Buy Bulk Postage??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,291Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
650 Posts
Posted 01/26/2018   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DJCMHOH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know I'll only get half or less face, but I inherited from my father's part time dealership a ton of US full sheets from the early 50s to mid 70s. Anyone recommend a dealer who buys this stuff? It's all organized in mint sheet files so not a hodge-podge but it more postage than I will ever use. Mostly 3c-10c era, some later.
Send note to Staff
APS #173088

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7720 Posts
Posted 01/26/2018   09:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One way I get rid of mine is to donate to my favorite specialty club. So much of this is now available on eBay that no one seems to buy it much. And it would be tax deductible.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5308 Posts
Posted 01/26/2018   09:43 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
3c to 10c denominations is a tough sell, just because it takes so much darned work to use it.

The dealers I know don't want low denominations at more than about 25% of face, if they will even take it at all.

As Peter mentions, I would recommend donating to churches, youth groups, other charitable organizations, etc., but most I know use non-profit permits for their mailings now and don't even use stamps any more.

A local stamp club would be likely to still use stamps, but most are not 501(c)(3) organizations, thus the donations would not be tax deductible.

You might try breaking it into batches of $20-50 face and offering it here on the forum at a low price to see if there are any takers.
Edited by revenuecollector - 01/26/2018 09:43 am
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 01/26/2018   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sleepy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is another symptom of the dying of our hobby, alas ! Kids don't collect stamps anymore.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 01/26/2018   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a buyer of bulk discount postage. Sent message.
Edited by dsmith426 - 01/26/2018 1:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
Posted 04/24/2018   12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hey all I could use some recommendations for dealers who buy bulk discount postage again. Have a whole bunch of complete booklets and large plate blocks (the 12-20 stamp ones from the 70s and 80s) I need to just not be taking up space.

APS #173088
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 04/24/2018   09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen some sellers on eBay who had older sheets of low denomination stamps that did well.
You can set the opening price at around 60% of face. You never know. Just see what happens.
Hope this helps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1414 Posts
Posted 04/24/2018   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wayne Gehret in Ephrata, PA may be the best option for low denomination postage: https://www.usmintsheets.com/

I buy postage for mailing, especially small format stamps in booklets, or resale on eBay at competitive rates, but the latest spread for USPS First Class packages is $3.50 retail (stamps) or $2.68 printed postage may force use of labels. I expect that when eBay takes control of payments in 2021, they may try to force sellers to use eBay labels instead of stamps or third party labels for mailing eBay lots.

When I have a surplus, I offer bulk postage on eBay in lots of about $500 face at auction starting at $9.99. The stamps are clean, never hinged and carefully counted. Scrap is sorted by denomination and sheets are inventoried. Realizations had been in the 55% to 75% range, but may continue to drop.

Bel-Kirk Stamps in Kirkland, Washington sells postage on eBay in $30 dollar lots. Check his auction realization on eBay sold items view. The user ID is bel-kirkstamps. They will pay a fair market price for postage if you are within driving distance of Kirkland, Washington.

http://stores.ebay.com/belkirkstampcoinandcomics

Edited by cfrphoto - 04/24/2018 12:35 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05