Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Am I Missing An Album Page ?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sleepy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've got these two Air Post Special Deliveries and wanted to post them into my album, but I couldn't find a place for them.
The album is Scott National United States; am I missing a page ?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   12:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sleepy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the difference in size...don't know how to fix it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
United States
4683 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how to answer that since I can't see your album?

You obviously know they are CE1 and CE2 in Scott Catalogue.

Ergo, they should be in your Back of Book section, right after Airmail.

Good Luck,
KirkS

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1885 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   2:16 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to have a National album. I dimly recall not finding spaces for these only to later note they were grouped together at the bottom of a page that had stamps from another series on it, almost put there as an afterthought.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
340 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those stamps are on the same page as the Registration, Certified Mail, and Special Handling stamps, right before the Postage Due pages.

Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sleepy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bingo !
Thank you, uboatnut. There they are just where you said.
Doesn't make much sense, but life is full of those. I never thought to look there.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1594 Posts
Posted 01/31/2018   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There's also an imperf version of the blue one located with the Special Printing Farleys in your 1935 section of regular issues
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 02/01/2018   10:36 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Pony Express album doesn't have a spot for the perforated issues. It does for the imperf as mentioned above (1935).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1096 Posts
Posted 02/03/2018   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pascoe: The reason that the imperf appears in your album where it does is that it was given catalogue number 771. I suspect Scott decided that since it was one of the "Farley's", it belonged with them rather than with the CE (Air Mail Special Delivery) stamps. I would, however, expect most albums to have some "back of the book" pages that include the two perforated stamps.
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 02/19/2018   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those stamps are on the same page as the Registration, Certified Mail, and Special Handling stamps, right before the Postage Due pages.

Not always. Those stamps used to have their own page, before Scott started cramming stamps together and making a mess of the National Stamp Album.

Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sleepy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What's the Scott number of the imperf version please ?
I can't seem to find it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6717 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sleepy, go to the National Parks Issue of the 1930's. Go past the stamps etc, and you will find souvenir sheets and also, at the end the imperforate version.

Peter
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Scott number of the imperf variety is 771
Valued Member
United States
5 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a similar issue. I am trying to organize an inherited colleciton into the Scotts album. I have plate blocks 1278, 1288,1286A,1291, 1292, and 1293 "Prominent Americans" as well as several others that have no pages in the Scotts Commemorative Plate Block Album that I can find. Anyone have any suggestions? Are some numbers simply not in the albums?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
340 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those numbers are NOT Commemorative stamps. The Prominent Americans series are Regular (aka Definitive)Issues and have their own Scott album - US Regular and Air Plate Blocks.

It should be noted that Scott puts some airmails in the Commemorative PB album and others in the Regular & Air PB albums. I just moved the pages into the same binder.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
232 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The old Minkus album I shared as a boy with my parents included the two airmail special deliveries (#CE1-2) among the airmail. But the #771 imperf was among the sequence of Follies in the "Commemorative" album.

A bit more than a month ago I recast all my airmail into a custom album using AlbumEasy. At some point in a couple months I will offer to Clive to share my product at his site, but I am still touching up here and there, and then will need to back out some personal custom pages that accommodate selvage.... But I have included both the #CE1-2 and the #771 in among the airmail, giving them their own page after #C18 and before #C20-22. After all, they even say "airmail," but then again, I tend to err on the side of inclusion.

Below is the page - not great quality scan and compression I'm afraid. I follow it in my personal album with a page bearing a cover using a pair of CE2 and a few other stamps for registered special delivery from NY to Vienna on the Hindenburg.

Now that they're in this album, I really need to get better #CE1-2. It never ends....

Edited by jleb1979 - 02/21/2020 4:50 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05