Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Am I Missing An Album Page ?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,706Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you uboatnut! Finally an online forum that is helpful!!!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gslaten to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sleepy, those are very nice copies of these stamps. I am not sure when Scott made the change to the single page for the Airmail Special Delivery stamps but my Scott National Album is the 1978 version and had only the spaces for the two issues. Fortunately the remainder of the page was sufficient to include the pair and block from the follies issue.

Sorry for the poor image, but wasn't inclined to dismantle the album in order to scan the page.

Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 10/28/2020   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know what Scotts National Album supplement has Special Delivery and Postage Due Plate Block pages?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Scott National album is for singles and pairs only. Scott makes separate albums for (1) US Regular and Air Plate Blocks and (2) US Commemorative Plate Blocks.

CAVEAT: It gets really expensive fast if you collect both singles and plate blocks to any extent. Trust me; I wish I had just sold my National album and dedicated all of my monthly stamp budget to my plate blocks.... or vice versa.

We get too soon old and too late smart!

Edited by uboatnut - 10/29/2020 5:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have my two perforated stamps in my Mystic album and the imperf pairs/block in the Mystic Farley album.
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Uboatnut, I have the regular plate block supplement as well as the commmemorative (yes it's expensive so don't tell my wife!), but I cannot find a space for the Special Delivery #E21 or the postage dues.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott plate block album pages are available only for Regular, Commemorative, and Air Post issues; nothing else.There are no Postage Due or Special Delivery pages for plate blocks. You'll have to use Scott blank pages for those. I made my own for all the missing categories - special delivery, postage due, official, special handling,certified mail, and savings.

Edited by uboatnut - 10/29/2020 7:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! Although frustrating, that's what I'll do. Also any idea why certain numbers are left out of the album? i.e. 2348 Rhode Island? The have several other states, but then leave some out. So frustrating.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2348 was not skipped. Remember, Scott defaults to listing stamps in the date order they are issued, not in catalogue number order.

2347 was issued in 1989 and is in the 1989 pages. 2348 was issued in 1990 and can be found amongst the 1990 pages. The earlier issues of the Ratification of the Constitution Bicentennial series (2336 - 2346) were all issued in 1988.
Edited by uboatnut - 10/30/2020 3:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GatorAGR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my goodness. Thank you once again uboatnut! This is so helpful. My album pages stop at 1988 so it looks like I need to order the next supplement. Wow. I thought I was losing my mind.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,706Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05