Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1c 1851 Plate 4 Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 263 / Views: 22,420Next Topic
Page: of 18
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1217 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   10:16 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. That is a beauty.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
281 Posts
Posted 11/25/2021   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add widglo46 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Position 91L4, Scott #19, Type Ia. Without getting another mortgage on the house, I decided that this is about the nicest #19 that I could afford. The centering is much better than many I've looked at, and the 1981 PF cert mentions only a light right lower corner crease. I'm not sure why the short perfs on the bottom weren't mentioned, but I guess small faults were just more accepted back then.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2455 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   4:08 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be prepared for the PF to be FAR less generous the next time around.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2455 Posts
Posted 11/26/2021   4:18 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a fun (and rare) item that just came in today. Position 81-83R4, Type 1c-1c-III, Scott #19b-19b-21. Position 81 has the curl on shoulder.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
281 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add widglo46 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sinclair2010 - That is an interesting (and rare) strip, and it's a great position piece to own.

As for my #19 - I know the bottom perfs are pretty bad, but this is a stamp that I judge on a relative scale, and I didn't think it was THAT bad. So many of these have so much of the plumes cut off that you can hardly recognize them as #19's. I'm still debating, though, whether I want to keep it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2455 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   10:24 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Widglo46, I sent you an email but just so you and everyone else realizes, I wasn't trying to disparage your stamp or make any attempt at quantifying how good or bad the stamp is.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2465 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A #19 with the full design mostly showing is a scarce item, and certainly worth having. Usually the design is cut into by the perforations.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2465 Posts
Posted 11/27/2021   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The strip of 3 is a nice printing. It would have been interesting to see what the bottom(s) of the designs looked like on this printing.
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 263 / Views: 22,420Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05