Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wife Not Happy About My Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
669 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add graphis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think many wives have problems with stamp collecting per se...it's forking out thousands of dollars on little bits of printed paper..when money could be put to better use i.e. upgrading the washer/dryer, new fridge etc...just putting my size 14 feet into high heeled shoes....My wife has no problem with how I spend my money as long as I can afford it and it's not a purchase made on credit.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1838 Posts
Posted 08/16/2019   11:42 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife's grandmother collected so she knew what it was about. Over the years we've had issues but after 30 plus years she really doesn't question me too much. She sees how much I enjoy it. After years of daily exposure to another person, I think perspectives change. We had strong political disagreements when we first got together but she gradually shifted toward mine.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   02:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
158 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried the marriage game but it appears it wasn't for me. Too mentally cumbersome.

I enjoy waking in the early hours with only stamps on my mind. My children are divided on my obsession. Some are hoping it will pass, whilst Number 5 says, "Mumma you work so hard you deserve to treat yourself!", to which I reply "You're my favorite. Tell the others!"
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28155 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The image shown above, is a tad depressing.
It appears men, even of advanced civilisations, have yet to find a cure for baldness.

PS: I used to drive one of those once...(Toy Yoda)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
796 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Wow Rod, the baldness was funny but the drive a toy yoda.
Pillar Of The Community
687 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
x
Edited by DrewM - 12/15/2019 7:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjbailey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to have to DIY that shirt and wear it on Christmas!

My husband and I have worked out a deal, and I have a monthly budget for my stamps. Fair to me!
Valued Member
Ireland
190 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am only married for 37 years so its too soon to tell how its working out. So far...so good.
I have boyish good looks and an easy going charm which usually works for me.
There is the fall back position of saying..."sheesh I would really like to buy those stamps but I think it is too extravagant" and I can guarantee that my wife will say "you go right ahead and buy them darlin'"
This also works on eight of my twelve girlfriends.
Valued Member
United States
318 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cjbailey,

Mmy wife bought that shirt for me...you can find it (and many others) on Etsy :-)

Scott
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
Posted 12/22/2019   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand the hoarding aspect. I lost my partner of 29 years and this will be the second Christmas without him (I refused to get married). I found that apparently I was not as observant as I thought, HE WAS A HOARDER! The small (very small) collection of stamps I inherited has really helped and I'm finding I enjoy it. Much better than trying to go through all his accumulation, which yes I know I still have to do. Enjoy the partners that are supportive and ditch the ones that are not. Too many understanding people out there to live with it on a daily basis. Just my opinion. 30+ is an accomplishment so congratulations to all;)
Cheryl
Pillar Of The Community
3075 Posts
Posted 12/22/2019   12:31 pm  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If your wife is not happy about your stamps, you can tell her that you're a part-time stamp dealer and just sell off your duplicates.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05