Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Philatelic Souvenir Cards

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 66 / Views: 8,572Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32140 Posts
Posted 05/28/2018   02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greg,
yes, the Jenny is lovely, leaves a huge dent in the card from the die.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1190 Posts
Posted 11/17/2018   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I think you will enjoy the latest edition to the SCCS website photo gallery - http://www.souvenircards.org/galler.../spider.html I've been compiling images of BEP and ABNC spider press issues for many months and we finally posted the results. These are the rarest souvenir cards out there, since they were only available by raffle to those who attended specific coin or stamps shows. Nearly all had limited runs of less than 100 and many had less than 50. Since these were printed by hand on the spider press, quite a few have impression marks from the die being pressed into the paper.

I'll post some of the philatelic cards here. I recommend you take a look at the website to see the rest.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32140 Posts
Posted 11/18/2018   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
splendid stuff Greg.
(The first New South Wales, Australia stamps were printed on the spider press.)

You fellas knock me out with your digital presentations, just marvellous stuff.

I had no idea there was a Souvenir card collectors club.
I bought mine for a few pennies, wish I had bought more.
Congratulations on some very fine work.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1190 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I come across some curious cards while assembling images for various categories on the SCCS website Photo Gallery. http://www.souvenircards.org/gallery/gallery.html
I thought I'd post this one and maybe a forum member has more information. It's not listed in the SCCS catalog, but it certainly looks engraved -- it appears to have a die impression around the stamps. And there's even a USPS authorization at the bottom. The Collector's Club of Chicago did a nice job with it and I'd love to find out whether it was printed by a banknote company. There is a menu on the back, so maybe these were distributed at an annual banquet.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
838 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
838 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1190 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   03:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like that SIPEX card, gettinold -- the show cancel adds about $30 to the retail value.

We are planning to create a gallery of ASDA souvenir card images on the SCCS website photo gallery -- I have a placeholder for them. But there are literally thousands of images in various categories, so we are rolling them out slowly.
Edited by GregAlex - 04/03/2019 03:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
838 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GregAlex

Thank you. I checked out the website you referenced. Great site. Didn't realize one of the Souvenir cards I posted was an issue of fewer than 6000. I have another SIPEX card:

Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few of mine that haven't been posted yet.

Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
I was surprised to learn that so many NAPEX souvenir cards from past shows are in stock:

http://www.napex.org/souvenirs/

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
United States
838 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more Souvenir cards:

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5104 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

BELGICA72

ARPHILA75

NAPOSTA78

BRASILIANA79

NATIONAL STAMP COLLECTING MONTH 1983

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5104 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

STOCKHOLMIA74

EXPHILMEX74

ROCPEX78

JAPEX79

BRASILIANA83

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5104 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

HOBBIES

ESPAMER82

INTERNATIONAL PHILATELIC MEMENTO CARD 1983-1984

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5104 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

BEP

STAMP EXPO 73 NORTH

BEP

MILCOPEX74

BEP

MILCOPEX77

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 66 / Views: 8,572Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05