Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

F.m. Doblmeier Published Postcards - K Roller Artist

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

5 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rolaids24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My wife and I have attempted a rather lengthy internet search regarding a postcard publisher by the name of F.M. Doblmeier. He published a series of postcards with New York City landmarks, done by an artist who signs his watercolor works as "K Roller" (Samuel Kagey Roller is the artist actual name, who is my great-grandfather). Does anyone have information about what happened to this publishing company? Or perhaps have seen any of the at least 14 postcards done by artist K Roller? I have attached an image of one. My family would love to, at the very least, compile a list of all the ones that were published with his artwork, and at the very most collect copies of each! Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2232 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful scene. I'm sure many were saved. Good luck in your search.
Please keep us updated, as I would love to see more of them.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by littleriverphil - 02/11/2018 7:52 pm
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rolaids24 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
littleriverphil,
Thank you for your response and interest! Here are photos of all the ones I have been able to locate so far:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2232 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You! They are marvelous! You've shown five of then, and think there are at least nine others?
Hopefully there will be someone post later who knows more about postcards than I do. I have seen the links to publishers posted but didn't save them as publishers are not important to me. The WHERE from is.
Again, I wish you all the luck in finding even more than you hope to!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1098 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rolaids24, Beautiful postcards. Your great-grandfather was quite the artist.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
very pretty. I will keep an eye out for artist k roller as im sorting cards.
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 03/02/2018   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rolaids24 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much KYfilately!
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 01/20/2019   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rolaids24 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to bump this topic from last year, as we are still searching for postcards that used my ancestor's (signed K. Roller) paintings!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05