Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

ID for Middle East stamps (Palestine/Jordan/Israel?)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   10:45 pm  Show Profile Check jimjamtwo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add jimjamtwo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone ID these stamps? They would seem to be, in order a Jordanian overprint on a Palestinian issue, an unknown stamp with a Jerusalem postmark, and an Israeli cinderella.

Thanks for looking!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first is found under Transjordan in Gibbons. It dates to 1920 and is found with two different perfs.

The second is a revenue, and I think it is quite a bit later.

The third is not something I recall seeing before, but there are all sorts of funds and charity labels, and I assume it is one of those.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23806 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The second is a revenue, and I think it is quite a bit later.

I have it under Iraq,
No supporting evidence however.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23806 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Last one : Israeli Cinderella Stamp.

1918 JUDAICA ISRAEL JEWISH NATIONAL FUND KKL DR. YEHIEL CHELNOV uncancelled faults (issued in USA(25c) & other countries) Mosbaugh #V-116.8 P82S48 SOLD

http://www.bwdavis.us/usa-other-fun...-stamps.html
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1870 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   11:34 pm  Show Profile Check jimjamtwo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses, Cjd, rod222! How did you manage to identify the cinderella?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23806 Posts
Posted 02/11/2018   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How did you manage to identify the cinderella?

1. Copied your image to my hard drive
2. Opened Google / image/ dropped the image in the search box

No results

added text "Israel Stamp"

No Results

changed text "Israel Cinderella Stamp"

Up it popped.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1228 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   05:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 2nd stamp is listed in Stanley Gibbons under Jordan, Obligatory Tax, SG T272, issued 1947.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23806 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find Jill, Thanks.
Can adjust my Iraq listing.

Sc#RA9 $12 / $8 2009

Update,
I had them, failed in recall .

Edited by rod222 - 02/12/2018 06:22 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1228 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   06:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember pointing out to you once before that you had mixed your mils and fils. The values in fils were issued in 1951 (SG T302-306), after a change in currency in 1950.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1870 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   07:07 am  Show Profile Check jimjamtwo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimjamtwo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses, guys!

I didn't know you could search by image. Extraordinary!!!
Edited by jimjamtwo - 02/12/2018 07:08 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23806 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I remember pointing out to you once before that you had mixed your mils and fils. The values in fils were issued in 1951 (SG T302-306), after a change in currency in 1950.

Indeed you did.
I repaired the page as advised.

What I did not do, was to delete the old scan, which I posted here. Sorry.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05