Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

British Guiana 48c 1863-68 Perf 13 - Flaw under C of Cents  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
313 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add souldjer777 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a British Guiana 48c stamp with perforation 13. I looked at stampforgeries.com and didn't see this particular stamp listed which is good. My resources don't have a "flaw under C of Cents" type and was wondering if anyone had a resource please. This stamp also doesn't appear to be used that I can tell. The paper is also very thin.

48c

Thanks for looking
Send note to Staff
Edited by souldjer777 - 02/12/2018 10:49 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1020 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have a nice stamp!

This looks like SG82, 1863-1868, which catalogues at GBP375 mint condition. The flaw isn't listed which indicates an irregular inking flaw, but one which would likely add 10-15% in the hands of a dealer. The stamp comes in thick and very thin paper. Imperfect at the base suggests it comes from the bottom of a sheet.

Does it have all the gum?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Tim H - 02/12/2018 11:00 am
Valued Member
313 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add souldjer777 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Tim H. Sadly no original gum. I do have stamps with original gum and I'm afraid given enough time they will eventually destroy the stamp face.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05