Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Local Post stamps on ebay  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Slovakia (Slovak Republic)
86 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add valdpete to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anybody identify these local stamps ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/nystamps-G...AOSwEYBaYLQS
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5834 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   4:21 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valdpte, please be careful with this seller

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
1677 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto on what Peter said about this seller. These issues have been heavily counterfeited and genuine mint examples are very scarce.
Edited by rogdcam - 02/12/2018 5:10 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
182 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eiger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.stamp-collecting-world....ia_1942.html

This page has lots of info on these types of stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
839 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will NOT buy from this seller ever again.
I won't even look at their offerings!!!
Valued Member
Mexico
171 Posts
Posted 02/12/2018   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rtvstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In these case, is necessary buy with Certificate of Authenticity, maybe APS, PSE or another serious Philatelic Business

Regards!
Rodolfo
Valued Member
86 Posts
Posted 02/13/2018   07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It ended 67 USD, so bidders are confident
Learn More...
5436 Posts
Posted 02/13/2018   07:02 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It ended 67 USD, so bidders are confident

It ended 67 USD, so bidders are clueless. Fixed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 02/13/2018   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
valdpete, I wasn't sure if you were asking where these purport to originate from, or whether they looked okay.

They are intended to be the issue from Pardubice, May 1945. There were 19 small-format stamps and 4 larger-format stamps overprinted. These two particular stamps I have seen on a commemorative card, so it is possible that they were made in greater numbers for that purpose? That is only a guess, but I would be more comfortable buying either of those two, as opposed to any of the other 21 stamps, if I ran across them. Is that misplaced confidence? Probably.

I don't particularly trust whomever it was that typed up the i.d. in the scan, as they seem to think that BYLI JSME is one word...probably figured it was a place name. Someone who knew these stamps would have identified them as Pardubice. BYLI JSME A BUDEM is not a location; it is a patriotic slogan roughly translated as "We were here before, and we will still be here later" (with apologies to any native speakers).
Valued Member
86 Posts
Posted 02/13/2018   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cjd - perfect answer, thanks a lot

As I collect ASFE = A Stamp From Everywhere, locals are the essential stamps I try to find
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3678 Posts
Posted 02/14/2018   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collected Third Reich material for over 40 years and in the past 10 or 15 years we are seeing a lot of new overprints appear on the market . This is stuff that no record of actual use for 50 years and all of it was made for philatelic reasons .

The kicker was the Regency or Harmer-Schau Stamp Auction in 2013 in Milwaukee Wis. at the APS Show ,there was a lot of 12 different complete sets from 12 different towns in France of Hitler over prints. It came with a letter confirming them by a guy who rode a bike to each town to buy them .For 50 years no record existed that they ever was made or used but show up 60 years later as the only ones that survived . Just can't accept this garbage .

Any Third Reich overprints have to be treated as suspect because their is so much of it being printed in the last 15 years .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 02/14/2018   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are countless Czech examples of liberation overprints. Well, perhaps not countless, as a few people have written on them.

For one, the Czechoslovak Philatelic Society of Great Britain publishes a resource, including a companion CD, that addresses these. I don't have it; every time I look at their list of publications, I can't decide which ones not to order, and I just back away from the computer.

Here is their description:

Quote:
No. 25: Compendium of 1944-1945 Liberation Overprints, by Karel Holoubek, additional material and translation by Robert J. Hill. 314p, plus a CD with colour illustrations throughout. 860gm. 2012. The results of a lifetime's investigation into the documentation and memories of those who were involved with the production of the overprints in a revolutionary time. #8356;17.50 + p&p.

A list of their monographs is found at this link:
(Not Safe For Wallet, click at your own risk)

http://www.czechout.org/pages/monographs.htm
Valued Member
86 Posts
Posted 02/14/2018   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add valdpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The best publication on Czechoslovakia liberation overprints is by Juan Santaeugenia Grau. There were 6 editions, only the last one is in color. Just extremely difficult to find it.

If you are interested in background information, then the right book is Holoubek. But if you need pictures of overprints, you need Santaeugenia.

Any advice where to find it ?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05