Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another New Test Stamp Discovery, Part Three

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 826Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1732 Posts
Posted 02/17/2018   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
TD27 is listed in red in Scott, as shown at the bottom, below.

A new color pastel (or light red) variety is shown below.

Jim

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3099 Posts
Posted 02/18/2018   02:31 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The other two are clearly new (speaking of shades, you can color me green with envy), but are you sure this one isn't simply faded?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1732 Posts
Posted 02/18/2018   02:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I obtained a number of copies, all in the identical light shade. No variance at all so I doubt fading.

Jim
Learn More...
United States
10986 Posts
Posted 02/18/2018   06:08 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
It is hard to compare two separate scans/images; for a relative comparison we really need both stamps in the same scan. What jumped out to me about the two images posted is the delta between the paper colors. With stamps in hand, is there really that much of a difference between the color of the paper?
Don

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3099 Posts
Posted 02/19/2018   10:21 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
But if they were all exposed to the same environment (assuming you got them all at the sane time) I would expect the same degree of fading, so wht does them all being the same negate fading?
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 826Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05