Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA 1943-44 Flag Series With Reverse Printing

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 5,085Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From stampmankeiths website, in case you think my last reply to sdtom was an exaggeration. It may be, it was just my interpretation of what I read.

This is a direct quote from the website of a man that has written/writing a book on every stamp from this issue.

As for the minor varieties, well, you can fill an album with what's out there.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3733 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As for the minor varieties, well, you can fill an album with what's out there.

That is a very true statement. The section I posted for Poland lists 15 known minor varieties. French's Encyclopedia has over 2 pages devoted each to Luxembourg and The Netherlands just showing the subtle differences in the background marks in the black shading of the flags, giving us Types 1 through 5 for each. (He references Clark Crane's definitive study.)

Unfortunately, as far as reverse printing, I still have not seen a good reference book with definitive pictures.
Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Partime.

Because there are so many varieties, I am not going to make a deep study of these stamps, I just do not have the time.

However. I do have many large scans of each stamp, that I am going to add to this post over the next few days.

I do understand that the reversed printing is difficult to identify, probably especially on used stamps.

I am in no hurry.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
will look forward to seeing them
Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok here goes. Poland. I will show the original scans again as they are on a previous page.

I will not comment on reverse printing. Hopefully someone that knows will give an answer on that.

On the damaged mint stamp I can see red plate splatter. Red marks. Possibly Polano (O for D). Not sure about the broken flagpole.

On the used stamp I can see red plate splatter. Red marks.

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
910b Czechoslovakia.

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway #1

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway #2

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway #3

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Luxembourg

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/03/2018   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats all for today.
Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/05/2018   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands.

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/05/2018   1:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Belgium.

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/05/2018   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France #1

Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/05/2018   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France #2

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 5,085Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05