Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USA 1943-44 Flag Series With Reverse Printing

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 5,083Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
411 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Newby Stamper. Thanks. Glad you have somewhere to start. This issue is quite daunting. Some great information has been added already to this post. Hopefully more to come.

I will get around to sorting the stamps shown over time. I find it so much easier looking at them here. My eyes are not so good, and using a magnifier all the time is causing me problems.

hy-brasil provided an excellent link on page 1 of this post. Check it out, many hours of reading and so many varieties shown.
http://www.stampsmarter.com/learnin...n_home.html.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newby Stamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks dynamode. Yes it is better looking at them here. The magnifying glass gets to me after a while and I have to stop because of my eyes and it's kinda of tuff on my bad back.
I have been reading all the post that everyone has posted and Don never stops working on his site. I find it very educational there. Its also very educational here as well. There are very knowledgeable people here no matter what type of stamps you collect. Be it regular issues or BOB and I'm very grateful to all of them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7650 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Newby Stamper, this is not the only way to look at stamps. You can look at your own stamps in another way, besides a loupe. Have you ever thought of buying one of those fairly cheap cameras ( "microscopes" ) that you can hook up to your computer? You can look at your stamps on a computer- or TV screen, even blow them up. It works great - I do this for finding and looking at plate cracks on my collection of Transportation coils.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 03/12/2018   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newby Stamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter. That I have not but sounds like something I might investigate. I have problems with my eyes just killing me after awhile looking thru the loupe and computer screen. If the epidural shot doesn't give relief to my paracentral inferoirly herniated disc which I have another bulging disc above it I will certainly have to have surgery on my back. So this just might be good to view on my tv.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 03/12/2018   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Magnifying glasses are only for temporary using. Peter's idea is much better.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
542 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They have a clip on magnifying lens you can slip on your phones camera lens and they work great! 35x mag. Cheap too!
Michael Darabaris
Pillar Of The Community
United States
542 Posts
Posted 04/11/2020   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So is this one a reverse printing both colors or only red? I am struggling with this one.

Michael Darabaris
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 5,083Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05