Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Afinsa Gets Sentenced

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,102Next Topic  
Learn More...
9929 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   07:45 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 51studebaker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4500 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember Linn's stamp news with all of the buy ads for the Spanish stamp market. Europa and UN and many others.

Where is Greg Manning today?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/0...markets.html

https://law.justia.com/cases/federa...236/2480474/
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 02/25/2018 12:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7152 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Greg Manning was writing a monthly column for the ASDA magazine last year.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
651 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny to read in the 2006 Fox article about how Stanley Gibbons was "booming".

Fast forward a decade, and now Gibbons is on life support.

Just more proof that anyone touting stamps as an investment is a huckster out to make a quick buck at the expense of the gullible.
APS #173088
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2578 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Captain Obvious (me) is rather stunned that this took 12 years to come to a decision.

I did get a good laugh over the Stolow vs. the world lawsuit. Accusing victims along with just some of the perps involved isn't a very good tactic.

Quote:
Funny to read in the 2006 Fox article about how Stanley Gibbons was "booming".

Everything in the hobby world was back then. Then the 2008 recession hit unless you were in Australia.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2048 Posts
Posted 02/25/2018   10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was surprised to see certain names in the list of defendants, e.g. Bennett, Shreves, and Siegel. I assume they were not among those who pleaded guilty? And how about Edward Younger?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2578 Posts
Posted 02/26/2018   03:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have this suit confused with the earlier one brought by 3 attorneys general including Eliot Spitzer of New York. Scroll to the bottom of the link given by redwoodrandy and you will find that suit was thrown out. Stolow had an Anthony's-type reputation that was well earned from what I remember. There are probably still Stolow guarantees out there that were considered worthless even at the time.

What about Ed Younger? He's still selling stamps, still an APS member, if that's the question.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,102Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05