Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rppc-like Postcard Advertising Lds Reunion Stewartsville (Mo)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
Posted 02/26/2018   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this inside an old postcard storage book. It is not an RPPC or even a postcard however it is the same size.

You all may wonder how I know it is from Stewartsville, Missouri.

The other postcards were all sent to a woman in Stewartsville. I know that this lady's maternal grandfather was a member of the LDS Church.

The five gentlemen are identified whoever received this card wrote on the front--it is clear yet hard to read.

All I have been able to determine is that it dates from 1914 or before as the gentleman furthest right in the postcard died in mid-1915.

-MV
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3739 Posts
Posted 02/27/2018   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scanned real photos do not display the moire patterning in your image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moire_pattern

With a magnifier (or a HiRes scan) you will be able to see the dots in your halftone image.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halftone

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
Posted 02/27/2018   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ikey in person and even zooming in I can see the dots.

I did not know what the exact term used to describe what I was seeing.

Thanks for letting me know that this is a halftone image.

-MV
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3739 Posts
Posted 02/27/2018   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... I did not know what the exact term used to describe what I was seeing ...

Neither did I, until I posted to SCF:

http://goscf.com/t/40548

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05