Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

50 Posts Dos And Donts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 531Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   04:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add KYfilately to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i would really love to sell some stamps here once I have met my 50 quality posts requirement. but before listing some stamps here or anywhere I would like to ask how much people are willing to pay for some of these. individually and in lots and albums.. Im not exactly looking for a free appraisal... but kind of. I have a rough idea the value of what I've got, at least in a catalogue and to some degree sold items on eBay. what I want to know is what you---SC members---would be willing to pay for some of my stamps.. a few that I am especially eager to find out about. so is it acceptable to post pictures of stamps that will soon be for sale on this forum and asking what would you be willing to pay for this stamp or album or lot of stamps?
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

First, you are correct that you need to WAIT until you have your 50 posts.

"Best Practice" is to then post scans of two or three stamps asking for feedback and comments. If you flood the board with a hundred valuation questions, most people will ignore your posts.

Also, while you're accumulating those 50 posts, read and learn from all the content here on SCF. If you have Canadian stamps, dig into the Canada sub-forum and read as much as you can.

Lastly, learn to use the search function at the top of every SCF page. Learn to search specific forums; learn to search only thread titles vs. full text; etc.

Welcome to SCF. We look forward to learning more about your collection.

KirkS
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 531Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05