Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited Thousands Of Postcards, Anyone Like To See Them?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   04:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add KYfilately to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
maybe 1-2 thousand are from 1900-1910. Would anyone be interested in seeing some random pictures of these? most have little value but there are some real gems and even a few of the more rare halloween, real photo, and artist signed.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1575 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely - post away!!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3551 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jhlovell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
always interested in postcards - please share
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arrows2Atoms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And "little value" postcards can take on major value to postal history collectors. Seems most of my county specific postal history collection is postcards. Would love to see any Oklahoma you might have!
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

will just start with some albums I guess.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry about any that are upside down or sideways..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2250 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And "little value" postcards can take on major value to postal history collectors.

Very true. Just paid $10.75 for an 1908 used Easter card.
In another thread, you mention your desire to sell some of your holding when you have reached your required 50 quality poists.
1000/s of postcards will be a good oppertunity to get more of those posts. Read thru the posts in the this postcard forum. There will be threads for you to add cards to, and comments to add about them.

You must have almost every covered in that collection. Eager to see them.
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arrows2Atoms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My record is over $75 paid for a plain floral greetings postcard. Had the only known example of a previously unreported Doane cancel on it.

Great stuff!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2250 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tell us your impressions of the collection as you post. Ask questions.
Nice Valentines.
By the way, most of us would prefer to see the whole addressed/postmarked side when you show those, instead of a cropped corner.

I've seen postcards get pretty expensive, my personal high bid on a used real photo card was $252. Lost, and regretted ever since! I think a board member has a card up on eBay at over $600.
Edited by littleriverphil - 02/28/2018 1:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ok full backs.. and that provides enough close up on the cancel if its just one card I guess?
Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KYfilately to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
my impression is that I need to have a look through the postcard forum threads hahahh.. also, to be completely honest I saw this as an opportunity to get posts posts posts. however, using individual posts for each image seemed too cheap a shortcut so I did upload 5 or 6 per post. as for my thoughts on the collection, that particular album with the four slot pages is a bit more difficult to remove the cards to see backs so on other albums I will try to check more of the cards for cancels. also, will be sure to show the entire back of the card. thank you for the heads up.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1436 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Keep showing your nice stuff and please upside up
Waiting for your comments on your pics or scans.....

René
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2250 Posts
Posted 02/28/2018   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
opportunity to get posts posts posts. however, using individual posts for each image seemed too cheap a shortcut so I did upload 5 or 6 per post]

Very true, long posts of photos with no text is taking a shortcut, writing about them as you post changes that.
And we learn things, personally, I'd hate those four pocket pages, and it does't sound as if you're too fond of them either.

Find the right card and postmark and I'll talk you way past 50 posts!

Johnson Dam, Big River

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05