Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Philip Ryle/Cartel Ebay ID  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rogdcam to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The namd is: stamp.sales

Shipping from Ft Lauderdale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Pictori...AOSw2cVaoTEX
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United Kingdom
299 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aug-stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam, I thought the guy is from UK?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2888 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He is. Click on the feedback number on the link for more info.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5844 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   3:20 pm  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aug-stamps, if you like to know more about this fellow just use "search" on any page and look for Philip Ryle or "cartel"

Peter
Valued Member
United Kingdom
299 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   3:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aug-stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was just wondering why US authorities would let him enter the country
[I did read about him in an earlier post and then had a look on various UK websites.]
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
1374 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi; could you please explain the problem in detail?
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In a nutshell, the guy is a notorious criminal, known by most on this forum and elsewhere. He sells through eBay, mostly mis-attributed and altered stamps (with the occasional good "ringer"). His MO is to bid you up by using multiple schill accounts. In the event that a schill buys it, the stamp invariably re-appears at a later date on one of his other user accounts. He will list US cities for "item location" to help disguise his true identity. There are many known user ids that he has operated under, both past and present. You can find many posts about the cartel on this board, and elsewhere by googling "Philip Ryle" and/or "UK stamp cartel".
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The namd is: stamp.sales

Shipping from Ft Lauderdale

Rogdcam, is there any way this guy can be stopped, or are we resigned to just trying to stay on top of his latest tactics?
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 03/11/2018   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
He is international so stop thinking in terms of local

Who said anything about local?

He is a criminal and a cancer to the hobby. At the very least, could we get eBay to revisit this guy, especially with the compelling evidence amassed against him?

I too am a collector (I sell coins for a living, NOT stamps), and I would like nothing more than to do my part to make our hobby safe.
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 03/12/2018   12:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the link to the UK Special Economic Fraud Law Enforcement Unit. Ryle resides in the UK. Pretty much stuck there because of conditions brought about by his criminal convictions. Worth a try. It has a report button. They have cracked down on eBay fraud before.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk
Pillar Of The Community
United States
967 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a cartel ID I don't recall seeing before: og_stamps:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-1851-57...AOSwJiJbH8vI
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I am not mistaken it was dormant since late last year. Thank you for spotlighting it.
Valued Member
214 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All of my watched "bank_notes" lots are now "og_stamps"
Valued Member
214 Posts
Posted 07/08/2018   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"xfstamps" sold an album page of US revenues as lot 263659121064 for $708.76 on 15 May 2018 to winning bidder "2***4" (23). Looking up the bid history shows the bidder as y***9 (23)

The under bidder was N***M (2013), showing up under bidder history as c***y (2013).

This lot included two distinctive and unique stamps R282 serial # 563503, and R285 serial # 55249 (sadly, one of the butt ugliest and faulty R285s ever offered for sale).

Not surprisingly, "bank-notes" lists these exact same two stamps ending on eBay 5 July (R282 lot 263778950487 starting at $125 and R285 lot 263778951687 starting at $310).

The R282 ended at $159.50 with three bids (Eric Jackson winning the lot, the under bidders were N***M (2013) and m***w (553)). This is actually a very nice copy of this stamp.

The R285 had a single bid (The winning bidder was N***M (2013), showing up under bidder history as c***y (2013)).

Wish there was a way to see the full bidder names.

There is no doubt in my mind eBay has to be aware. Any high school programming class could come up with an algorithm to spot this kind of stuff in a few hours or less if allowed internal to eBay's bidder/seller data. Creating a link diagram would highlight the shill bidders without any doubt.

Will be interesting to see if R285 serial # 55249 shows back up on eBay anytime soon...as well as who is selling it, how much it is listed for, and who buys it.

So xfstamps = 2***4/y***9 = bank-notes = og_stamps = blah blah blah

Edited by StateRevs - 07/08/2018 7:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 07/08/2018   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StateRevs - Great post. I follow Ryle's material all of the time and it is amazing how much material moves around. Just think if he put the same effort into honest endeavors.
Valued Member
214 Posts
Posted 07/12/2018   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"bank-notes" listed an album page of Silver Tax revenues as lot 263786534642 ending 10 Jul with a starting bid of $795. It did not sell.

Fret not, as you can now buy the exact same page of revenues for $795 from "stamp.sales" eBay lot 332718211886 ending on 22 Jul.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05