Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Circulated Special Print Design A27 Scott#106?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2014 Posts
Posted 03/18/2018   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are probably correct. I don't have the material to do my own independent test. I think there may be another way to ID the #106 and is how I was able to do it. Anybody want to continue the game?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
3 Posts
Posted 08/13/2019   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampthis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tipzi, was this how you cropped/lined up from the scan? I can see the same diff on right suspect stamp, lined up at bottom little higher at top with the sc68 verticle cropped strip. I scanned next to eachother at 1200 and did take the crop straight over without adjusting the crop. I would ask if any other issue of this 10 cent had verticle shrinkage but there is no grill and too light/yellow to be 62b dark green which only leaves grilled issues or 106 with the shrinkage because of the paper? This one caught my eye because of the uneven perf scissor cut on left which was common for other hard paper special printings such as the NGAI issues. Heres scan with cropped strip comparison and scan of backs.

Edited by Stampthis - 08/13/2019 02:25 am
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
Posted 08/13/2019   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tipzi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the suspect stamp wider as well as shorter than other #68s?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05