Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bulk USA Precancels in Seekonk

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
379 Posts
Posted 03/12/2018   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add studystamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My father has been buying bulk precancels from someone in Seekonk, Massachusetts.

My father recently moved and we cannot find the contact details for this source of used precancels.

Some 'Googling' has not been fruitful in our search.

Does anyone know of this source in Seekonk?

Robin Harris

Typo corrected
Send note to Staff
Edited by studystamps - 03/13/2018 09:02 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
900 Posts
Posted 03/15/2018   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't find a Dealer Member in the Precancel Society in Seekonk, MA. The one Precancel Dealer I do know in MASS in Michael Gutman. He's in Framingham, MA. His e-mail is *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. *** I know him. He has an excellent rep. He is possibly the Dealer you are looking to contact.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
888 Posts
Posted 03/15/2018   6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First thing I'd do is look around the house and see if you happen to have an envelope from the dealer. That should give you the name and probably the address too.
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 03/15/2018   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add studystamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip. The first thing we did was look for past orders. Unfortunately, it would appear these have been thrown out in the move.

The second thing I did was check the US Precancel website for dealers in that area, but no luck.

Then we Googled, followed by the query here.

Robin
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4056 Posts
Posted 03/15/2018   7:21 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How did he pay? Would Check stubs/carbons or credit card statements give you any indication? There should be a paper trail of the payments.
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 03/15/2018   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add studystamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We live in Canada. All of my dad's precancel stamp purchases were done with cash.

(In this case, darn)

Robin
Pillar Of The Community
United States
900 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have sent a note to the SCF Staff asking to allow me to re-list the information originally posted (and removed by SCF Staff) -- which was the DEALER'S Business contact information -- NOT personal information - be allowed to be re-listed.
Hal
Edited by Hal - 03/16/2018 01:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
900 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   01:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the information in an ad that was not allowed to be posted in a "typed" format.
Learn More...
5716 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   03:07 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We do not allow email addresses to be posted because if we did, we would have even more automated spiders and bots crawl the forum trying to harvest the addresses. We have a forum messaging system where members can communicate with each other to exchange info.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
900 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   11:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Understood. Thanks for the info, Don.
Pillar Of The Community
2818 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   09:52 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wexler's Inc, 113 Taunton Ave., Seekonk, MA 02771
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05