Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Updated Scott Value Assist Please?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
254 Posts
Posted 03/13/2018   6:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Daveinva47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I have a Scott #112 and 113 on cover (both on same cover) and I'd like to know if one of you wouldn't mind sharing an updated Scott's value? I have the '04 Scott's (working on updating) so anything after that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
Dave
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3045 Posts
Posted 03/13/2018   6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 2016 Specialized.
Scott #112 On cover,single $280
Scott #113 On cover,single $140
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
875 Posts
Posted 03/13/2018   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These have gone down slightly in the 2018 catalogue ... to $260 & $135.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 03/13/2018   7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Daveinva47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both of you!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
773 Posts
Posted 03/13/2018   9:31 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are a lot of these for sale on eBay but none that's sold, maybe you should watch this one;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C1321-US-1...AOSw4PxaNBZk
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Daveinva47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there another outlet besides eBay? I'm not certain I want to keep it, but don't want to just give it away (which is what I fear will happen on eBay).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5279 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   09:11 am  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without seeing a good scan of the cover and condition of the cover it is very difficult to determine a value. With covers so many different facets can affect the value such as postmarks or auxiliary markings, sender or recipient, destination, etc. eBay is as good an avenue as any but with covers pinpointing a cover value is difficult. 2 people might see the cover and 1 would value it at $20 and the other could see paying $100.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Daveinva47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
you're absolutely correct. (I don't know why I haven't put a scan up yet, it's coming after this). And I'm not really spun up, I would just hate to see it get sold for 10-20 dollars with the catalog value being so much more (although imo catalog value really doesn't mean a lot). hang on for a scan.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Daveinva47 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All that being said, I realize that my cover is not a "high grade" in terms of being perfect, but it's got some redeeming qualities. Scanned the front and back at 600dpi, stamps at 1200dpi.

Hope you like it!

dave

Edited by Daveinva47 - 03/16/2018 09:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 03/16/2018   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like many retail prices catalog values mean nothing meaning if you could get $280 for it you'd be lucky.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05