Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ford's Proposal For Replacement USPS Vehicle

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,334Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2976 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add angore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is an image of Ford's proposal to USPS as the replacement delivery vehicle. It is based upon the Ford Transit. Per Car and Driver magazine.

Send note to Staff
Al

Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Arrows2Atoms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I vote for bringing back the Jeep!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2238 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   4:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Leejb1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
this is the one I liked

sometime if the far future
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems nice enogh to me but what do I know, I have a KIA.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1903 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrows2Atoms,

I'm pretty sure our rememberances of the old USPS jeeps was due to the fact that we had thousands of them on hand after WWII. Just ask Sgt Bilko.

Jack kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
567 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The smaller jeeps seem like they would be better for cities.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2797 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   4:40 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
that Ford doesn't look like an official vehicle at all... I mean, look at the photo... the style/fit and finish is horrid. The American Transit, when introduced here, wasn't the best vehicle in the world. They'd be better off with an all-American platform of some kind, though that would cost more if a dedicated platform.

Any other things I say on the matter would be viewed as anti-globalist, highly biased, and eco-unfriendly.......
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5477 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Ford photo looks like a hot-dog van that's broken down at the roadside. Where's the classic American "Diamond in the back, sun-roof top, diggin' the scene with a gangster lean oo-hoo" when you need it?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
139 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting how one of the needs is providing "last mile" delivery for e-commerce.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5477 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are the new Royal Mail vans. Much of the parcel delivery is handled by Parcelforce, which will presumably carry out separate procurement

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41025771
Learn More...
9152 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   5:15 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

USPS needs to get ahead of the curve...

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2238 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These are the new Royal Mail vans.

What's this? Windows that actually give the driver a good view in city traffic? What will become of America's (probably meaning Canada only) giant rear-view mirror factories and all our drivers that love a good target?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2976 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   7:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some things do not work in rain, sleet, or snow.
Al
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05