Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Switzerland : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 02/23/2019   07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice overview. That's what I was after.
Thanks Jill.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bern Revenue.
Can anyone assist with slogan Postmark please?

wiki
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2889 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

I'd guess this is a commercial or official handstamp rather than a slogan postmark.

We seem to have the frame on the right so, assuming the date is centred, I expect in full it says:

??rn-Ho?.
??rexpedition
22 JAN 18 V 11

The first line could be something like "Bern-Hof."

The date would be 22nd January 1918, 11 a.m.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3739 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful pages again Rod

I don't have Switzerland organized but I do have the pages printed. You make me want to get my but in gear.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28781 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nigel,
Thanks, I have pasted info on the album page for reference.
I was guessing on the date.

Quote:
I don't have Switzerland organized but I do have the pages printed. You make me want to get my but in gear.

Hi Dianne,
Ah! well, the standard status of the world wide collector... this is common.

I promised SCF member "Cursus" all my Swiss duplicates about 3 years ago, still have not got around to it.
There is always something to draw ones attention elsewhere.
Never a dull moment.
Pillar Of The Community
2058 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1959/60 The PTT issue, is not that easy to come used.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05