Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sweden : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 114 / Views: 9,985Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 10/12/2020   01:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JRockne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will do. But I was just trying to get the procedure down.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
494 Posts
Posted 10/12/2020   06:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just re-reading this thread and noticed that Sorsh posted this, and didn't see a reply -
"add a danish one with 946 - I do not know the name of the town"

946 was Middlesborough, an east coast town that had a large ship building industry, so would be a relevant destination for people from Scandinavia.

Regards
DavidR
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6122 Posts
Posted 10/12/2020   07:08 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Only one "o" in Middlesbrough, David, as any Smoggie will tell you

It was the source of 20% of UK exports in the '60s, prior to the destruction of north-east industry.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
494 Posts
Posted 10/12/2020   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 09/27/2021   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderellas
Kungsholm World Cruise

Industries Fair.

Stockholmia '55
Edited by rod222 - 09/27/2021 01:03 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
684 Posts
Posted 12/02/2021   11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Faltpost doesn't really count as mutilated stationery in my book. Those were printed as stationery provided to troops, but that stamp was under the back flap and designed to be cut out and used as return postage. The soldier could then send off his letter home and the family could reply, both for free. The part of the envelope that could be mutilated has a posthorn design rather than the three crowns.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Faltpost doesn't really count as mutilated stationery in my book.

Wow! great info, news to me, shall change my page with new info.
Thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
France
2074 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An illustration for billsey's answer

Edited by vayolene - 12/03/2021 01:58 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vayolene.
I recognise the stamp on that envelope, I don't recall seeing it on a full envelope.
Valued Member
Sweden
110 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   07:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see my own country being displayed. :) It's ironic, because I practically don't collect much from my own country, however I got some old covers and a couple of stamps.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
684 Posts
Posted 12/03/2021   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the covers. I have a couple similar to your second and fourth. Is the last one a money order?
Valued Member
Sweden
110 Posts
Posted 12/04/2021   05:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, yes it is. :-) Love the handwriting on this. Got lots of money orders.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
825 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweden stamps always caught my eye early on, and I always intended to start a small album as I have a pretty nice accumulation from WW packs etc. Though my priorities are still MX, France and GB - I figured why not learn about the beautiful stamps of Sweden and start to catalogue.

Rod - I think you were right about me, I do have a little bit of the WW collector in me. I only have one perf 14 :) (checked it 10 times with my gauge). Numerals of Value 1877-79, King Oscar 1885 (I checked his Beard :), quite a few Numerals and an Oscar with post horns on back. last page - Numerals 1891-1904 (had a hard time seeing the watermarks on all of these) and King Oscar II (minus the 1K). Hope it's ok to share here.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34156 Posts
Posted 01/04/2022   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Nora, I see a Worldwide collector in the making.
Be warned, you are grasping the Tiger by the tail.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 114 / Views: 9,985Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05