Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sweden : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 12,843Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
498 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   01:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

@Rod
haven't heard that before, is this what you mean with grasping the tiger by the tail?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1004 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Um... that's not a tail.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36223 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
982 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, last year I made a valiant effort at taming my Sweden stash, using my current Steiner, and Steiner lookalike page scheme. Before I made the decision to go tatal worldwide, I was focusing on Spain and Sweden, and I made some pages using AlbumEasy. But I didn't really have a decent grasp of how it worked then. So I kind of got discouraged and put Sweden in hibernation.
Now, a few years later, I am better at AlbumEasy and feel more comfortable making pages.

Here are some of my current "re-do" pages I made last year. But, I do have to say that after setting these aside for a few months and looking at them now, with fresh eyes, I may opt to change them again. Not sure yet.

I tried a little different format than my usual.

For the perf 14 ringtypes I mounted them my normal way, but added spaces for listed shades, and that's it. I don't really have too many anyway, so there was no need to expand much. Also added the double impression I got at a show.

Following with the perf 13 issues, I had more to pick from so I decided to mount them by denomination and expand each one as needed. So, each denomination is organized (more or less) by:

1)Shades
2)Printing Varieties (If I have any)
3)Cancels and Postmarks

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Spain. Fantastic. I always admire collections with the color variety/shades - it pulls you in, also great postmarks. I am a novice so the slight color variation and identification is very challenging for me - I know with time, I will learn more. Thank you for sharing.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36223 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More and more, I am being drawn towards collections of used stamps.
The Postmarks pages are engaging. Nice work!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
781 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are mine as they sit currently:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
781 Posts
Posted 01/07/2022   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops, the last page doesn't have them, those are just from the dues and the next issue...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/15/2022   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
billsey - I love your pages. something about the Swedish stamps - I always knew I would eventually work on some pages. I have completed one of my pages including:

King Oscar II (1829-1907)
Oscar II succeeded his brother Carl IV as King of Norway and Sweden in 1872. He married Sophia of Nassau and their eldest son, Gustaf, became King of Sweden. Oscar II was to be the last king of the Norwegian–Swedish union. He adopted the motto "Broderfolkenes vel", meaning "The welfare of the sister peoples".

Also included Numerals of Value 1891-1904. As well as a new stamp that I acquired featuring the Stockholm Post Office - 1903. I quite like this stamp.

I also included some work in progress pages 1886-91 numerals of value and coat of arms - all with the post horn on back. newly added numerals with the blue surcharge. Also my most updated King Gustaf V pages. Gustavus Adolphus makes an appearance as well - those stamps are out of my range for the most part.

Last but not least a very regal picture of Gustaf V

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 02/20/2022   10:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sharing. Made a small dent to this Steiner page. Coat of arms and a couple of Lion and arms. I also enjoy the cancels.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36223 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   01:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Billsey and Nora, lovely pages.
Nora, you are becoming quite the collector!

Still torn between black and clear mounts, I am familiar with Billsey's
I like to see the teeth on the stamps, but the clear do hide mount orientation problems size etc..

Billsey has two stamps in the 6 ore brown mount, never been tempted to copy that regime.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6036 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   5:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
MRITA 75 and Spain 1850 ,since you guys are showing some Perf 14's ,I though both of you would like to see the set complete .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 02/21/2022   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I'm working on that page- I only have a couple at the moment but a a few coming soon. Thank you for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
781 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Uh, actually Paul this is closer to complete on those perf 14 issues:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6036 Posts
Posted 02/22/2022   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Billsey .
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 12,843Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05