Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Memory Lane: Stamp Found On Street Worth Thousands

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,103Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

United States
567 Posts
Posted 04/05/2018   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add modernstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
An interesting story about a rare stamp that a girl got in the 1960's.
You never know where you can find a rare stamp!

https://www.northernstar.com.au/new...amp/3359625/
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1713 Posts
Posted 04/05/2018   7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice story!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5979 Posts
Posted 04/05/2018   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great article. Thank you for sharing.
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
Posted 04/05/2018   7:42 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That was a really good read. What is the value of the rare stamp in US dollars?
Valued Member
United States
120 Posts
Posted 04/07/2018   07:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BKing to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1 = $1.40 today, but in 1965 it was worth more. In 1969 I knew a man from England who sold me a 1 note for $2.50. I checked with my bank and they said that the exchange rate at that time was $2.70, so I got it at a discount.
Learn More...
9164 Posts
Posted 04/07/2018   07:12 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The ultimate 'treasure hunters' story. The article outlines an event from over 50 years ago. Does this mean that 'we are due' to have another significant random find soon? Or should we expect another few decades before this kind of windfall find is uncovered? I think the odds for something like this are less than me seeing Big Foot and getting hit by lightning this afternoon!
Don
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 04/07/2018   09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StamperMA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Commonly faked because the red fades in the sun. See:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopi...f=21&t=21042

Dennis
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 04/07/2018   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,103Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05