Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bavaria Doesn't Even Exist Any More, Any Value In These?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

16 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add StampNovice1985 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Disappearance of a country may have very little effect on stamp prices unless it becomes more popular for some reason. Prices are subject to "supply-and-demand" economics, and supply can't change much. Of course, limited supply is one of the things that motivates forgers, and a flood of good forgeries or reprints (such as the Seebeck reprints in Central America) can depress the value of valid stamps due to the uncertainty and hassle they cause.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
16 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StampNovice1985 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK so these are nothing special then...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6624 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, they are. They are very collectible even though they may not make you rich. The whole idea of a stamp collection is the satisfaction that the hunt to complete a set gives one - not that it might buy you a McMansion.
I have read some of you othe posts. If you are looking for monetary profit you should contact a stamp shop, auction house or contact a local stamp club for more info,

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 04/12/2018 1:27 pm
Valued Member
16 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StampNovice1985 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
when one of the experts or people that seem to know what they are talking about say "minimal value" what does that mean in money terms? £10... £0.50 ? What for example would these fetch generally?
I appreciate that collectors and enthusiasts would see intrinsic value here but I am only researching in order to put a plan for sale together.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4540 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:41 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I say "minimal value", I mean pennies. Stamps of this kind - and that is, in fact, most stamps - really have no value as indivdual items. They acquire a little when sold in bulk or as part of a collection. What you're scanning seems to be a standard child or young person's album, which will ordinarily be filled with cheap stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
674 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mdroth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you got £2 for this lot I would say you've done well. So far all you've posted is common stuff. Condition also a big issue. Easiest way to see what stuff sells for is to just check 'sold' items on eBay. You can search for 'bavaria lot' & you'll see alot of similar stamps & what they sell for.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3854 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
158 Posts
Posted 04/18/2018   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi,

Bavaria is an interesting field. Like the others, minimum value here.

But there is a stamp that is a bit more interesting. The 3 Pfg with the so called "Punktstempel" Type 28. Not a big value but interesting.

Here an example of this "Dot cancellation"

Best regards

Hornet

Edited by hornet785 - 04/18/2018 6:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6624 Posts
Posted 04/18/2018   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hornet. Not knowing much more than high school German I seem to remember that the word for dot is "Punkt". I think that the correct word for this cancel should be "Punktstempel"?

Peter
Valued Member
158 Posts
Posted 04/18/2018   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter,

Absolutely! edited

Hornet
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05