Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Linn's Article On New Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,031Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1932 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jkelley01938 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Curious. I read in the most recent Linn's newsletter that the USPS is going to issue two new Forever Airmail stamps. So, is this going to be considered a Forever commemorative stamp or is it going to be considered an airmail stamp? Comments?

Jack Kelley
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1258 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   7:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Commemorative ... commemorating what would be the 100th anniversary of airmail service.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1932 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking, too. The article seems to suggest as such.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 04/12/2018   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is a Commemorative. The stamp designs are very nice.
I believe they will be well received by collectors.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 04/13/2018   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think there could be a bit of confusion with the general public
Pillar Of The Community
1423 Posts
Posted 04/13/2018   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen as many negative comments about the design as positive, or more. I get the design, and it is nice to see a stamp that at least looks engraved. The design matches the era it commemorates.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,031Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05