Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

WW2 Cinderella Stamp Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,811Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1110 Posts
Posted 12/24/2018   04:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't know anything more about it. The catalog only has a description of it, with no information on print quantity or value:

339 32-a UK
Marseille, Francujo.
3-10/8. (H) (41x27)
(ne okazis pro la milito)
Havena panoramo.
Plurkolora

Apart from the dimensions (in millimeters), you already know all of this or can see it in my scan. The stamp is described thus because no picture appears in the catalog, which is true of most of the cinderellas listed in it. I bought the stamp from an eBay seller from whom I bought a number of Esperanto and Ido cinderellas in 2011-13, but who is only selling vinyl records at the present time.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
3 Posts
Posted 12/24/2020   01:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dosanbey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reply to stampfan1980 RE: The 1940 Marseilles Esperanto Congress issue
I see the 1940 Marseilles Esperanto Congress issue comes up on eBay once in awhile and they are almost always under US$5 except where the seller thinks he is selling the Crown Jewels of China and this is the center piece.

Keep an eye out and you should be able to find one (if you haven't already).

Another easily missed event is the -Israel 1967 52th Universal Congress of Esperanto in Tel Aviv, 2-9 August 1967 label- which was cancelled due to the 6 day war. Label size 40x39mm.

The congress was held instead in Canada which used the SAME design but with the appropriate changes of location & date.

Both of these also come up on eBay once in awhile, usually at a modest price.

One of the only others I know were canceled was the 1914 French "Castles Of The Loire" issues. I hope the information is useful.

As to more modern label issues, I don't see a lot of new stuff coming out. As a rule the Universal Congresses still issue labels, but I have only sen them on eBay or Delcampe, as it seems EUSA only has them as they become available. The last UEK label I saw that I saw they carried was the 92a Kongres en Jokohamo Japanio (not listed in their enventory at this time 2020. Later labels can be found on the internnet. I don't know if the UEA carries a stock of old labels or not.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   04:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
US Submarine "Seawolf"
Saw action around Australia, and docked at Fremantle, Western Australia.

fSiWRmMw-_E
Edited by rod222 - 04/12/2021 04:50 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,811Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05