Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany S.c. 2A And 17A

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,419Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4979 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Notice the outer colored boarder and it's thickness .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by floortrader - 04/20/2018 3:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2788 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So my question is what are the characteristics of the 2U ?
We have one poor photo (Hahn).The rebex stamp that resembles
and is on thin paper.
What conclusions?
Valued Member
180 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bonsoir perf12,

Same as the stamp but without perforations.

Salutations

Hornet
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2319 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are examples of legitimate imperfs. Note the border size.

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2788 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostmasterGS nice pics.Now a bit clearer.
What are the values of these stamps today?
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2319 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the singles is currently up for auction with a starting bid of 4,000. The pair is also up for auction with a starting bid of 12,500.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2788 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

United States
3 Posts
Posted 04/20/2018   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rebex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again, everyone, for sharing great information and taking the time to respond. Looks like Scott isn't the best way to identify non-US stamps as (in this case, at least) they gave no indication that postal stationary cut-outs are available. I suppose it's hard to specialize in everything. After seeing the images of the imperforate stamps it's very clear that these are not those.
Edited by rebex - 04/20/2018 9:04 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
599 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Following up on this German postal stationery cutouts discussion, I have the following in a recent German acquisition.

This one with the Annen cancel appears to be same design as Sc 17, Mi 19. Identified as GAA11 in Michel catalog from U5?

This one with the Danzig cancel looks like North German confed. Sc 4, Mi 4. Paper is medium thin, strongly embossed. There is a light grey diagonal overprint reading Ein Gr(oschen). Found a reference to GAA5 in Michel specialized that may fit, also a mention of an unserrated (imperf) variety (4U).

Would appreciate any more info/correction from those more familiar - thanks!

~Greg
Valued Member
180 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Greg,

Both cut out. But not GAA.

GAA numbers are for the use of a cut out on cover. I do not have an example from that period but this one from the AB era 1946-48.

Best regards

Hornet
Edited by hornet785 - 10/27/2020 10:24 am
Valued Member
180 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
double post
Edited by hornet785 - 10/27/2020 10:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
599 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Hornet. So GAA is specifically when an unused cutout was used on a non-postal stationery cover - interesting.

Any idea where to find values for these items then? - unless I'm missing it, I don't see values in the Michel German specialized (English edition), or my (very) old German specialized.

~Greg
Valued Member
180 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Greg,

In MICHEL Ganzsachen-Katalog. They fletch for high catalogue value because it was not an authorize use. For Shield issue, it goes from GAA 1 to 4 for small Shield and GAA 5 to 12 for large Shield. and divided in Single, Multiple and Mix franking.

Salutations du Canada

Hornet
Edited by hornet785 - 10/27/2020 12:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
599 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, yes I see the values for GAA now in my German specialized. The cutouts I have are not so valuable :).

Thanks for all your help - merci beaucoup!

~Greg
Valued Member
180 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Greg,

Cancellations:

ANNEN, K2 Type (Two Circle), Feuser (Peter) Prussia 095

HOHENSTEIN R. B. DANZIG * R3 Type (Box 3 lines) Feuser (Peter) Prussia 1504

Best regard

Hornet
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,419Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05