Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Any Information About The Stamp, Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

3 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Tikhon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff
Edited by Tikhon - 04/23/2018 1:39 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6619 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tikhon, welcome to this forum. The stamp you show is a very common French stamp as far as I can see on the small picture. What exactly is it that you want to know?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
3 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tikhon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I found a photo of better quality. It was printed in 1876-78, so I thought it was valuable. Moreover, there are several auctions with such a mark. So, I wanted to know if it's worth something. Thank you!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6619 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   1:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This stamp is for sale on eBay at about 5 dollars, but there may be more valuable varieties. You will have to post a much better scan in order for an expert to ring in.
Also, you may want to ask staff to move this to a better part of the forum where more folks get to see it

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 04/23/2018 1:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4527 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   1:57 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This series - known as "Sage" after the designer, comes in two types - with the "N" of the inscription under the design beneath the "B" of République and with it beneath the "U". A used copy of Type I catalogues €80 in the Yvert catalogue, one of type II, €1. The other stamp you have illustrated is a mint copy of Type I, which is catalogued at €3,000 if mounted, €11,500 if unmounted.
3 Posts
Posted 04/23/2018   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tikhon to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your response.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05