Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Identifying Stamps -Please 1888, 1909-1920

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 801Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/29/2018   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ScienceStephanie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased a large post card collection from an Estate sale recently, the man who passed away had collected thousands going back to the 1800's. I am not so sure this was a post card collection now, I believe he may have collected them for the stamps and postage marks.
I have been trying to sort through them all since the stamps and cards are both U.S. and from other countries. I would really appreciate any help in identifying some of the stamps.
I will try to upload some of the U.S. stamps first if anyone can help me to identify them or guide me for the best place to take them for inspection.
Thank you.
The first two I will start with are two of the 1919 post marked red Washington 2 cent stamps. One is post marked from Washington D.C. and one from Chicago. Both appear slightly different from each other in color and size.

Send note to Staff

United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/29/2018   9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScienceStephanie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are couple others:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
8264 Posts
Posted 04/30/2018   02:13 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
Posted 04/30/2018   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
You could also attend a local stamp club meeting and show the postcards there. I am sure you could get more help. Google stamp clubs in VA and you will find several lists. Good luck. There are several threads here about postcards as well as stamps. Post pictures of interesting things from the collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 801Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05