Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

#613 is there any real believers  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4947 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is probably offset on the back as well.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2888 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
here are the ones I am sending in
- Posted 6/13

I thought that your original items were going out the week of 5/28. When are you going to send these in? We'd love to help celebrate your historic finds. Please keep us informed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 06/14/2018   12:41 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
- Posted 6/13

Certainly a better date than 5/28 or 4/1.

Sending the pictured Scott 610 examples to be certified as Scott 613 is an avoidable expense, perhaps better spent on basic reference books about US Stamps. Information about rotary press and flat plate printing and perforations is readily available on the Internet. All it takes is a willingness to spend a few minutes to learn before before posting.
Edited by cfrphoto - 06/14/2018 12:43 am
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/26/2018   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stuckonstamps767 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having a real difficult time with posting photos. I guess it's cause I'm on a mobile device. I'm trying to provide picture I might have to gey help to make it happen.
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   10:38 am  Show Profile Check jimwentzell's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimwentzell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stuckonstamps,

If you have a relative or friend who knows how to post a picture maybe you could send a smartphone photo through text messaging. It's real easy, only one step extra if you have ever texted anyone.

Pictures go a long way and most of us would be thrilled to have a member find and share some truly rare stamps. We all enjoy the hunt and sharing the finds online.

--Jim
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stuckonstamps767 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stuckonstamps767 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
447 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is exactly what previous posters have described as the problem with trying to measure fractions of a mm (the flat plate is 19.25 x 22.25 millimeters. The rotary plate is 19.25 x 22.50 millimeters) with a ruler:

Look at the ruler at the bottom of the stamp. See how the bar is not parallel with the stamp?

Look at the top of the stamp. See how the ruler extends just a little bit more than the stamp?

Yep, those are tiny mistakes. But they add up to the difference between a lat plate and rotary plate stamp.
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try laying a straight edge paper along the top border of the stamp and place your ruler up to and touching it on the center of the 10mm line and measure toward the 32+mm point. It will be truer than hoping the end of the ruler is true.

ps - a micrometer is best
Edited by Caper123 - 06/29/2018 2:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stuckonstamps767 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is the angle of the picture. I have measured the design with dial calipers and I come up with22.5 or a tad bit under 22.5. I most definitely would not post something I was not sure of.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5320 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   3:00 pm  Show Profile Check stallzer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or if you could take a picture of the back of the stamp that would help.
Learn More...
5467 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   3:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Enough of the speculation trolling. Send the stamps in for a cert and post when you get the cert back.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   3:28 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Find a 610 side plate block of 6 and compare the height over three stamps. There is no substitute for comparison with stamps that have a known identity. Believing that the height or width of a stamp can be effectively measured could lead to costly errors. Always compare with a reference first. It will save time and money.
Valued Member
United States
18 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stuckonstamps767 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If a stamp is kept in a photo album for around 8 years what damage to the gumming on a mint never used stamp will occur?
Pillar Of The Community
1732 Posts
Posted 06/29/2018   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will know when you remove or attemp to remove it.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05