Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can't Find Any Info On Mexican Revenues

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Moyock13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Outside of MEPSI, is there any other authority or knowledge base on Mexican Revenue stamps?

A. Forbin 1915 is a source though 100 years out of date. Any assistance would be wonderful.

Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2177 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess you will have to buy the catalog...
https://www.hipstamp.com/forums/dis...venue-stamps
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
392 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   09:58 am  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try contacting APS library. I do not remember the title of the one I borrowed but it was more current than what you are referring to.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is useful information in an older thread "Mexico revenue stamp ID." Here is an extract from that thread:

"... the Stevens book has not been published since the 1970s. What you want is the newly released (2011) "Mexico's Revenue Stamps" published by MEPSI. It updates the Stevens work with current pricing and is full color and hardbound.

It is available from Eric Jackson for $65 shipped."
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
See, there's the rub perf12. That catalog is not available and I'm waiting for the next edition. I'm a member of MEPSI and bugging those guys constantly! =)

Seigaku, I'll have to check with Eric Jackson. I didn't see any available the last time I looked.

There's just not much information on the 1894-1895 Mexico Revenues.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3664 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 05/01/2018 8:29 pm
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked in my old black and white version 1970s of Roberts, and it would be easy for me to post an image of his 1894-95 page, if that would be of use to you. But before I do, it would be good to know what your stamp looks like (an image would help)--and that we are talking about the same thing. For that year, I see a square-format Mexican eagle, and the attached talon is also square, with a numeral in it. But again, there are other series too.
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seigaku, as an example, A. Forbin Catalog 1915 # F117. Thanks, greatly appreciated.

Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
redwoodrandy & perf12, thank you! Ordered!
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the page from Stevens (low resolution due to file size limit). Hope it helps!

Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/02/2018   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Thank you, Seigaku.

Interesting though, I have several of these that are Blue. They are R117 thru R122 form the Stevens catalog page. All are over stamped Jalisco. I have never found a reference to this particular series.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/02/2018   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It turns out that from 1887 to 1894, the State of Jalisco had its own "renta interior" (=internal revenue) revenues, using the same yearly designs as the federal renta interiors which I posted above. Except Jalisco used different colors (e.g., ultramarine in 1894-95) and overprinted them Jalisco. Here is the relevant page from Stevens.

Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 05/04/2018   06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I'd share. Picked these up off of eBay a while back.

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/04/2018   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Seigaku to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You scored some nice stamps! The Stevens values are from 50 years ago--should be higher now.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26730 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JALPAM
Alcoholes with talon.
Valued Member
United States
445 Posts
Posted 04/21/2019   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! These 1894-95 Mexico Revenue (Talon) stamps aren't worth much, but they are sure hard to find. I have a few "Alcoholes" but not associated with any province like your Jalpam.

Here's a revenue document with this particular stamp talon.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05