Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Western Airletter 1lc1 And 2 Plane -- M-2 Or A O-2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 419Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
14 Posts
Posted 05/01/2018   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampstumped to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone confirm that the plane depicted is really a M-2 (really should not be listed as a Douglas DM-2 but an M-2; it messes you up when you search for it online). It started with a little thing sticking forward on a wing support near propeller that made me wonder if the plane was supposed to be flying (one would think it would go the other way if it was a loose thin wire or string). Much to my chagrin, I end up reading on Wikipedia that the O-2 was modified from a "two seater to a one seater to be a mail plane by Douglas. Plane looks like a 2 seater to me and not like the picture of the one seater M-2 that I saw but the pilot on stamp is "observer seat" in the stamp which is where they moved the pilot seat for the M-2. I will be kind of mad at Western if they took a picture of a person in the observer seat of an O-2 on the ground then called it a DM-2. I am mad at them anyway for calling a DM-2 because it made it hard to google. Actually, I am not even certain that it is a real picture since there appears to be two "windshields on the plane and neither one has two shields just one.
Send note to Staff

Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 419Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05