Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Jefferson Collection

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 15,727Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add nuggethill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have just acquired a collection of precancel centered around Jefferson precancels I call the Jefferson collection,it has won silver,silver bronze and bronze awards at various shows including Springpex and Vapex,this collection was 14 years in the making by M B Manchester and is quite a comprehensive work so I'll only post a portion of the collection.
This is some of the 50 states

This section is Jefferson town names and related precancels.

So this is just an example of this amazing works I call the Jefferson Collection.

Regards to all

Harry

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by nuggethill - 04/01/2010 6:41 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6745 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Harry!! Thanks for sharing, even just a few pages!

It's amazing that things like this show up on the other side of the world!

k
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
867 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sfgoda to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! What an aquisition that is. How did you find it?

Butch
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll tell you the story Butch but first I have to thanks Kim and yes it's an extensive collection so I couldn't show the complete works,Butch I won this off eBay with an N to Z collection of over 2000 precancels in an album,I've just finished adding my collection to it and that's not including the Jefferson collection.

Regards to all

Harry

Rest in Peace
Learn More...
United States
1806 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1775mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ooooo your going have some splaining to do to Phil.

Looks to be a great love and work that can always be added to. This is a great way to start on a exhibition that can be adjusted to your collecting style. Great find Harry.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thin I got that covered Mac Phil was the first one from the forum to see the collection though not in it's entirety,I emailed the photo's to him two days ago .

Edited by nuggethill - 10/14/2009 7:41 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Harry......

WOW...WOW...WOW.......what a great deal !! The #260 by itself would be mighty nice but to have all the others too is just great !!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1755 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David Giles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Harry:

Lovely precancel collection... show us the TEXAS precancels in the collection, of there are any.

David
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is what your looking for David.

It does cover all 50 states and satellites countries mate,
thanks again for looking in.

Regards to all.

Harry

Oh P.S. Thanks Tom (NR) and yes It's a philatelic delight
including the four #310's and the #260 it's extremely well centered

Edited by nuggethill - 10/15/2009 2:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1035 Posts
Posted 10/14/2009   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive collection, Harry! What a find!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1259 Posts
Posted 10/15/2009   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In a Word
Wonderful.
Thank you for sharing
David DJD
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 10/15/2009   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add warrehouse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, Difficult endeavor! Nice catch!
+
Mike
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/15/2009   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Mike,David and Dan yes it was a great find and the 14 year endeavor to compile such a works must have been satisfying on completion,I know I couldn't spend that long on one project so I give him his due's (Miles. B. Manchester) for being so diligent.
regards Harry
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3849 Posts
Posted 10/15/2009   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a great collection Harry

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 10/15/2009   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All I can say is - WOWZERS! - fantastic!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1658 Posts
Posted 10/16/2009   04:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nuggethill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your replies,one day I'll post the full collection if anyone is interested in it,again thanks to all.

regards Harry

Edited by nuggethill - 10/16/2009 04:45 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 52 / Views: 15,727Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05