Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

"U.s. Postal Service Announces First-Ever Scratch And Sniff Stamp With Popsicle Scent"

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,128Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   10:23 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add pascoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Click on the URL below for the full story:

Edit, URL fixed:

https://usat.ly/2IACrwL
Send note to Staff
Edited by pascoe - 05/23/2018 01:01 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7163 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what the Poultry Association commemorative would have smelled like.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7729 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is something wrong with the link?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2472 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad I don't collect new issues.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1933 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly, txstamp. A new low for the USPS.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7163 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1321 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had to laugh -- they will be streaming the smell-able moment live on Facebook.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey USPS, how about a random chance scratch n sniff for a state Fair?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
323 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bah humbug! they are so old fashioned Switzerland produced a scratch and sniff stamp over 10 years ago. Chocolate scented. If you have a postally unused stamp with full original gum but no smell is it used or unused? how do we know the stamp is completely without using it. Perhaps one of the more prolific stamp issuing countries could issue a series of scented stamps on the theme of MINT of the world. Mint Julep, mint sauce, peppermint, flowering mint (no smell) I'm sure there are lots of different types of mint each with a smell. It could open whole new worlds of philately. How would you store them to preserve smells mingling or leaching away. Think of the fun with revenues appropriately scented, laundry, marijuana, rum, ducks, the possibilities are endless.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7163 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The diaper stamp should be a hoot.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
657 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen some stamps that smelled like mold, but am pretty sure they were not issued that way.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1321 Posts
Posted 05/22/2018   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good God, what do you suppose all the cancelling machines will smell like the week after these come out? My money is on orange creamsicle.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3211 Posts
Posted 05/23/2018   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess in 20 years we may have Mint Full Scent as a condition.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 05/23/2018   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Strange idea for a stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5312 Posts
Posted 05/23/2018   6:33 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would be an awesome practical joke if the actual scent were sardines or herring.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 05/23/2018   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rev, on the surface the idea is very amusing; however, I don't believe I'd want to deal with a collection which had an aroma which was reminiscent of a mound of discarded shellfish sitting in the August sun....
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 2,128Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05