Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

British Colonies - Revenue Cancels on high value stamps  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/05/2018   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not all of the stamps I posted are being offered as genuine used stamps. Some are actually marked fiscal usage. I think the images should be posted so collectors can tell the difference and not be duped when they run across them being offered as genuine used stamps.

Remember, in many cases this is the only way for some collectors to obtain a copy of a high value stamp at a low price. I sell a number of them on my website. They are all marked as Used - Revenue. I typically offer them at 10% of catalog.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Moderator KGVI Group on Yahoo.com
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1981 Posts
Posted 07/05/2018   9:30 pm  Show Profile Check jubilee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's why I requested the links. The Nyasaland catalogues at 2,000, which I don't have, but this would be a great spacefiller!
www.globalphilately.com
- Member APS & IPDA
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/06/2018   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found it on eBay. The sale has ended. It did not sell for the $100 opening bid. But if you want it you might contact the seller and ask him to relist it.

BTW - None of the images I have posted are from my website. They were all found on one of several on-line auction and sales sites. Some were identified as revenue used, and some were not.

Here is the link to the Nyasaland issue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1919-Nyasa...p=true&rt=nc
Edited by KGVIStamps - 07/06/2018 10:40 am
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/06/2018   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two more scans of high values used as revenues.

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1981 Posts
Posted 07/06/2018   11:57 am  Show Profile Check jubilee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the Nyasaland link. That seller has some nice items!
www.globalphilately.com
- Member APS & IPDA
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 07/06/2018   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

10R India KGV with a wireless cancel. Watch for this one...it's pretty common, and not remotely postal.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/07/2018   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the India 10R. That was a good catch about the wireless CDS. I understand that a large number of India and Pakistan high values were used for this purpose, but have not seen the cancellations before.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/07/2018   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two more scans. I have seen a number of the New Zealand 2/ and 3/ issues with this type of cancel. They are in a lot of used mixtures.

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/07/2018   10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The link I posted to the Nyasaland 10 was redirected by eBay to another Nyasaland 1 value. Ironically, it is also a revenue used example.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1718 Posts
Posted 07/09/2018   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the 2s and 5s N.Z. pictorials seem to have been used for revenue purposes.

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/11/2018   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another obvious Fiscal cancellation from the Straits Settlements.

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 07/18/2018   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a fiscally used 5/ issue from Dominica.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3927 Posts
Posted 08/18/2018   11:29 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not normally my area, but the lot below was in Eric Jackson's most recent auction, and I immediately thought of this thread and decided to bid on it, as its almost entirely postage stamps with fiscal cancels. There are a few actual revenue stamps, and some cancels that are postal, telegraph, and remainder, rather than fiscal.

While not high values per se, it gives a wide representation of countries and cancels. I've numbered each of the images for easy reference.

Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
Posted 08/21/2018   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the images Dan. Many of the cancellations are a good indicator of revenue use.
I wonder if all of the manuscript cancels are revenue usage? Either way they are worth considerably less than the normally used stamp, so I would tend to price them the same either way.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05