Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question For The Experts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

2 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add HughHeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Not a stamp collector and figured this would be the place to get some answers. My grandpa just recently passed and found a really cool stamp collection in a frame with a photo, all from NASA. I tried to find this specific item online and have had no luck. I found the stamps; all seem to be from around 1960s-1970s. Just curious if anyone has some information on this, and a better idea of what it may be from. Any information helps thank you!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
797 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very pretty! I would presume that it was assembled sometime between 1978 and 1981, since it includes the Viking Missions to Mars stamp (1978) but not the Space Achievement block of 8 (1981) or anything else later than that.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1441 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with erilaz....beautiful photo-stamp souvenir of the NASA missions during the time the 1st man was on the Moon !! Great USA stuff.

René
Pillar Of The Community
United States
505 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dkabq8 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its philatelic value is the postage face value. That said, it is a nice presentation, and if I had it I would hang it up in my library. Just be sure to keep it out of direct sunlight.
Valued Member
410 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice piece. The picture is signed in the lower right corner. Who signed it ?.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1441 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Renden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
great question.......I have all these stamps, MNH-VH.........but no picture

Rene
Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it's signed by Paul Calle. He did the artwork for the "first man on the moon" stamp. Might be a numbered print.
Edited by raymodj - 05/26/2018 5:22 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link, looks the same as yours.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-...t-5edd751ff4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3850 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by redwoodrandy - 05/26/2018 7:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 05/26/2018   7:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwwjr56 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice piece of art.
Found this link at Amazon on his book that might help or aleast insight to the artist

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrating-...e+astronauts

2 Posts
Posted 05/27/2018   12:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HughHeff to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Thanks for all the great information and help on this. You guys are awesome!!!!! I have it in my office with zero windows, always keep it away from the sunlight! I love this piece, huge NASA and Science fan!!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 05/28/2018   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Florescent lights can do considerable dame too. Best if you have UV protective glass in the frame.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05