Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Stamp Collecting Desk, Chair, And Storage

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 6,336Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1784 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add shermae to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I met a custom furniture maker at a local home show a couple of years ago who was into creating steampunk style designs. My wife and I both like that style so we decided to have him create a stamp collecting desk and chair set.

The photos below show how I utilize the furniture, and it's very comfy and useful. Note I had the builder create a drink holder below the surfaces to ensure nothing spills on my stamps. There are 2 desks, so I have enough room for my laptop, stamps, boxes, tools, and catalogs. The blue color added to the wood helps tie the desks into some color elements in the room, not to mention serving as a nod to our favorite football team, the UM Wolverines.

All the pieces are on locking wheels so I can easily adjust configuration and positioning as needed. As seen in the first image, the 2 tables nest into each other and the chair fits completely underneath when stowed, so the entire set occupies a minimal footprint in the room when not in use.

I didn't include any storage in the tables- we had a custom built-in added under the Tv set in the family room to hold all my boxes, albums, and catalogs. I included a couple of images of the cabinets. This allows all the stamps and accessories to be incorporated into the family room so I can hang out with my wife while stamping, but puts everything out of site when I'm not.
Creates a great compromise between us.

Perhaps this will inspire someone else to build their own "dream" stamp desk and storage.

Send note to Staff
Edited by shermae - 06/03/2018 4:32 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
617 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raymodj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love it! That chair looks straight out of the tv show "Wild Wild West".
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2719 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Steampunk. Not my cup of tea, but well done.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1602 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
very cool!!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2289 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Captain Nemo would be right at home.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
136 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Placing the cup holder beneath your workspace is nice! The blue is resin used to fill the voids in the wood, no?
Valued Member
United States
33 Posts
Posted 06/03/2018   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Paul Mitchell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done!
Valued Member
Norway
261 Posts
Posted 06/04/2018   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks really good!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2907 Posts
Posted 06/04/2018   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My arrangement is U-shaped. It essentially 2 desks at right angles and a platform (5/8-in plywood) resting over 3 drawer short dresser as the other side. I have a bookcase for albums.
Al
Edited by angore - 06/04/2018 11:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1454 Posts
Posted 06/04/2018   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quite innovative.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1587 Posts
Posted 06/04/2018   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure why but I really like steampunk

Great furniture shermae
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2719 Posts
Posted 06/04/2018   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, it reminds me of the Borg. Kinda creepy.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1587 Posts
Posted 06/05/2018   05:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the borg could be somewhat synonymous with steampunk.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   11:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ddreisba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice rug. Persian?

Don
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, 2sizh. I had a dedicated area like that. My desk is still in the garage for when I moved in and had no space for it insid3 at th time. It's covered with full boxes of thing I dont need inside but have the room now, but h. Desk is buried.
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
Posted 06/09/2018   12:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Greaden to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a steampunk fan, you got me inspired.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 6,336Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.44 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05