Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Stamp Collecting Desk, Chair, And Storage

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4477 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a stamp room with desk and some of the bookcases during the summer when wife gets after me to clean it up .Second picture is during Winter months when I can spread out and work on stamps every day

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by floortrader - 06/16/2018 10:20 am
Learn More...
United States
4681 Posts
Posted 06/16/2018   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Awesome home office you have there, Floortrader!

Kirk
Pillar Of The Community
1324 Posts
Posted 06/17/2018   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Awesome home office you have there, Floortrader!

May not be very awesome, but I have more of an "office home." The computer desk and bookshelves containing philatelic resources (along with several hundred other books) are in my "home office." A large bookcase filled with albums, a comfy chair, and a brass table filled with philatelic magazines are in a "sitting room." And in the dining area off the kitchen is a small table stacked with boxes of stamps and covers of work in progress, and when I am doing "album work" I spread out everything on the nearby large oak dining table. I would not have gotten away with this use of the dining area when my dear wife was still alive; I think she'd be okay with it now since my philatelic activities leave little time to look for a replacement for her. (I miss you dear. ) Philatelic materials are even apt to be found in the living room, bedroom, and ... the bathroom. Okay, I keep stamps out of the latter, but philatelic magazines come in handy there from time to time.
Edited by blcjr - 06/17/2018 08:22 am
Portugal
3 Posts
Posted 06/21/2018   04:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Antman1974 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And here's my office ... I'm also a designer ...

Portugal
3 Posts
Posted 06/22/2018   05:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Antman1974 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My bookshelf where I keep my main collection.

Many stamps from Federal Germany to sort ...

Portugal
3 Posts
Posted 06/22/2018   05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Antman1974 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And this is me, creating my own sheets through the CorelDRAW application ...

An example of my custom sheets ...

Valued Member
Netherlands
52 Posts
Posted 06/22/2018   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Julius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, these made me a bit jealous.
I have a old teachers desk, which is very messy during the weekend when im sorting my stamps.
I sadly don't have space for one of those nice bookshelfs for my stamps.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   2:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fgski to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the cup holder..
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   3:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4048 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The outside of my office.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1707 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gee, I only have a TV table, a fold up chair, and my bed. One of our bedrooms is used by my wife for her art studio and the finished basement is reserved for my train layout. I use two closets to store my binders. Some of you guys have some really nice space for your stamps.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2658 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp room update.

I upgraded from a piece of plywood shelf sitting on a chest of drawers to a new unit. It has a larger work area with storage below for catalogs, paper trays, and printers. I designed it and helped the wife to build it.

Al
Edited by angore - 02/14/2020 4:57 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1851 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its nice to get printers/scanners stashed away somewhere, since they take up so much table space. It looks like you addressed that.

I have hesitated to buy a new scanner, because I just don't have the table space for it. I'll have to figure that out someday.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1333 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have hesitated to buy a new scanner, because I just don't have the table space for it. I'll have to figure that out someday.

I feel exactly the same. Using a scanner that has to be removed from storage and then placed back is a pain in the ass, yet they take up a lot of room on a desk, especially when opened.

Perhaps you can rig a slide out shelf under your stamp desk that keeps the scanner off the table until needed?
Learn More...
7727 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   5:29 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
32' USB cable allows you to put the scanner in another room, closet or other work surface far away from your desk.
Don
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05