Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Plate Block Numbers On 1962 Issues

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 832Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
46 Posts
Posted 06/06/2018   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stagedew to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have three plate blocks of the same issue. Two have the same number and the third has a different number.
Could someone please give me a briefing on the numbering method for sheets of stamps in 1962?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7723 Posts
Posted 06/06/2018   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The number is the plate number - some stamps are printed by more then just one plate. I you want to know about plate numbers and what numbers go with what stamp you should get the Durland plate number catalog.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9912 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   04:55 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All US plate numbers are also listed on the Stamp Smarter website

http://stampsmarter.com/features/Pl...ockHome.html

Don
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stagedew to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@studebaker: Thanks for the URL for plate numbers. Very interesting!

However, I put in the plate number"27276" and get no result.
I have a plate block with this number.
Any idea what's up?
Learn More...
9912 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   09:36 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
What stamp is this for? Can you post an image?
Don
Pillar Of The Community
3963 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   09:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is one of the Dag Hammarskjold plates, but Stamp Smarter wants to 2-plate combination entered to locate it.
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stagedew to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
REF: Plate block number 27276

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7723 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stagedew, this is the famous Hammaskjold invert. It has two plate numbers, also a yellow one.

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 06/07/2018 10:22 am
Learn More...
9912 Posts
Posted 06/07/2018   10:30 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the plate number lookup you would have to enter the plate number
27276-27275

I restrict the plate number lookup to an exact match. If the search used a 'contains' it would return too many results. For example, if a user entered a '1' it would return every plate number with a '1' in it.

But with an exact match it only returns plate number that have only a '1'.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 832Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05