Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Royal Mail Website...easy To Use?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add DaveG28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have a friend currently in England, who was game to hit a post office and get me some stamps. However, the ones I requested were not available. I suppose I should have told her that I'll take anything they have, since I collect them all, but she was following my request. So she texted me that she struck out, unfortunately.

My question is...how easy is it to order stamps from Royal Mail's website for delivery to the U.S.? I struggle to get any new issues, and that might be the way I get them. I just haven't tried yet. Am I able to order stamps from here in the states?
Send note to Staff
Edited by DaveG28 - 06/08/2018 11:46 am

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4276 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   12:01 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave - see the third page of this PDF. Given current rates of issue, you'll be buried in stamps!

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/def...2018-Feb.pdf
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DaveG28 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd love to be buried in them, if I could afford to get them all. I'd rather get them all used, but I know that's not really possible. So I'm cherry-picking the ones that are interesting to possibly order them through the website.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4276 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   2:18 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you already have, but, in terms of mint, could be worth looking at the "Decimal" sections of GB auctions, where post-1970 material is essentially selling as postage, eg

https://www.warwickandwarwick.com/a...ns/catalogue
Valued Member
United Kingdom
172 Posts
Posted 06/08/2018   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DaveG28 buying stuff through Royal mail at Tallent house is expensive I imagine. but if you want used stamps, try Dewaulders of Salisbury, or Robert Murray of Edinburgh. I'm sure there are others but I can say from experience that these two are OK and they have Websites.
Today I received the catalogue for Yorkshire Coast Stamps on 10th july, it has over 300 GB lots this time. If you are just starting collecting GB some of the Collections and accumulations would make a really good foundations. They don't have a website but the email is grwhitewick@btinternet.com . If you haven't already got one you need a Stanley Gibbons GB concise catalogue. Don't be fooled by the Concise the specialized catalogues should come with Ice packs and Acetominophen.
Universal Postal Auctions have also released their next auction catalog today. It is downloadable from the net.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
13 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   06:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mestephil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As of recent history I have had several orders through Royal Mail. My advise is not to use Safari if you are on a Mac, the website acts wonky and does not respond properly all the time. I suggest Google Chrome, or even Opera for ordering and accessing your account order status.

That being said, it is straight forward enough to order. They use SagePay, which links into PayPal or various credit cards. I am careful in reviewing the items as I mostly just want the stamps, not the presentation packs and such that inflates the price. The stamps are mailed with cardboard reinforcement and in stock cards that are of good quality - worth keeping and reusing.

I ordered the forest issue on the day it was released and it was received 4 days later here in California. I am finding 4-6 days delivery is close to normal. The experience over all has fed my interest in Great Britain stamps, so positive overall.

Ken
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05