Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is HipStamp legitimate?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kaps15 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I suppose the question could be does this site vet it's sellers?
Or keep track of repeat issues?
Some of the auctions seem to good to be true.
No personal experience one way or the other but interested in some items.
Specifically for US pre-1939 would be curious about any experiences.
Thank you.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23835 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have purchased 3 lots over the past year.
I cherry picked mint stamps at extremely good prices 25% of cat.
All from US but WW modern stamps.

The experience was top notch, fast service, well packaged invoiced.
That does not suggest all are the same.

You can kinda tell by the Store and the response if you ask a question, the scans, etc etc.

With my Turkey collection, searching the more valuable issues, I see lots of mis-identified stamps, and doubtfuls, and over-priced.
Be cautious in your selections.

Good Luck.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 06/13/2018 11:22 am
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hipstamp was started by the same guy who started bidStart. It is quite legitimate. I have bought several items from sellers there.

Many eBay sellers also have stores at HipStamp.

I do find the descriptions on eBay to be generally superior to those on Hipstamp, especially for the same item being offered both places. Hipstamp sellers also seem less inclined to publish their policies on extensions for certification. This MAY be due to spatial limitations in the listing software.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3074 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Be wary of the too good to be true early US stamps. That includes eBay.
Learn More...
5455 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   2:48 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Know who you are buying from, this applies to ANY online venue.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3950 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   4:21 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hipstamp does not vet its sellers any more than eBay does.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
636 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add graphis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have made many purchases from dealers on HipStamp...for the most part all positive transactions. Pricing and shipping charges more reasonable than some dealers on eBay. The interface is easy to navigate which for me is another positive.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
408 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   10:50 pm  Show Profile Check 91stang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 91stang to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,,,,I am that seller..small time..$2.00-$5.00 range. Pics.of front and back..yep, even for those 0.45 cent stamps..30 days refund policy..
Got to get more material...
Blue collar wrench...hipstamp store...
Edited by 91stang - 06/13/2018 10:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
Posted 06/13/2018   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tgswanner to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Hip almost exclusively. You find those sellers you want to deal with and most have payment options other than paypal which I won't use. I've never had a problem in any of my hundreds of purchases.
Greg
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05