Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help where can I identify  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Esoteric to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I have two big problems first can't figure out how to get photos on here
Where can I use links as photbucket is not working

And optimizer won't show save button

Second I have 5 Scott 37 all different. Some with spots some with initials some printed on back all different sizes not sure they are 37 or 41.

I have books and boxes full of almost every Canadian stamp like this strips blocks pairs and most grouped with others as errors and more. These were passed down to me years ago now I am trying to figure value to sell them

I called a dealer who only said he would give me pittance without even looking

Another nice gentleman told me they are of value and to auction to get values realized called auction house they want what they are and values to start with

And I have no idea and cant find them

Help inbthis would be great or even someone interested in buying them all at a decent price and they can profit from getting certifications or what ever is needed. I just don't want to keep holding them when there are collectors out there who would appreciate them and honestly I could use the money.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   7:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. Precancel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello there. I'm new here too, so I don't think I can help you much with your stamp questions, but maybe I can help you get your pictures uploaded. I was having problems with the optimizer also, but after I figured it out, I got it working. After you select your image, make the changes to it such as cropping, width, Image Quality, or Sharpen. After you make the changes, click on the "Apply" box. Then click on the "Save Image(s)" box. At this point, it should show you a thumbnail of your picture underneath step 5 of the instructions. The thumbnail of your picture should have a little downward pointing green arrow to the left of it. Click on that arrow to save the image to your computer. If you have adjusted the image correctly to fit within the 200kb limit, you should be able to then upload that picture to your post. Remember, if you are using Microsoft Edge, it will not work. Hope this helped and good luck!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
892 Posts
Posted 07/10/2018   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blame Photobucket as they now do not allow uploads without paying them and will block images sent to a site that won't pay the ransom. Better to just upload directly using the tool here. As for Optimizer, for starters, is your image in jpg or gif format? The site probably won't be able to display it even if reduced if it's not in those formats.

As for your Canada, at this point we have no idea of what is there. The value of 5 #37 or #41 canot be determined without knowing if they are mint or used and what condition they are in. Someone will need to inspect the accumulation to determine value. If there is one locally, I would try and ask a stamp club for an evaluation.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Stamp Smarter's 20th Century US Fancy Cancel database:
http://www.stampsmarter.com/feature...rn_Home.html
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05